We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas - new VFS Global website

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,682 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visas - new VFS Global website

Hi all

VFS Global have changed the format of their website for the new season. There are a few changes which I will list below.

Offline applications (handwritten) is now actually STATED on the website as being permitted.

With effect from 22nd April 2009, all POSTAL APPLICATIONS will be processed at the Centralised Postal Processing Centre at Hayes and postal applications need a minimum of 10 working days to be processed. This does not include the period they are in transit to and from the High Commission or the Consulate General. The address for postal applications is:

Indian Visa Application Centre

1 - 3 Canalside

Uxbridge Road

Hayes

Middlesex

UB4 0JN

For anyone applying at present, the postal application will take 1 - 2 ADDITIONAL days due to the re-direction of post from the Birmingham and Edinburgh centres to the Centralised Postal Unit at Hayes.

SECURITY REGULATIONS AT THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRES:

For security reasons the following items will not be permitted inside the Application Centre or stored in the premises:

Any battery operated or electronic gadgets such as cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3's, floppies, laptops, or portable music players. Applicants are requested not to use mobile phones while at the submission counters.

Any inflammable items such as matchboxes, lighters, fuel etc.

Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.

Weapon or weapon like objects or explosive material of any kind.

Other items may be prohibited based on security staff discretion.

All Visa application centres are under 24 hours CCTV surveillance.

FRISKING AND SEARCHING PROCEDURE:

In the interest of safety and security, VFS will be performing bag and person searches of applicants and visitors. Please have the following documentation ready for inspection: Passport, application form and collection receipts, if applicable.

Please Note: There is no facility at the Visa Application Centre to store prohibited items. Applicants are requested to make alternate arrangements to keep the same before entry into the centre.

VISA FEES:

The fee is still £30 for a 6 month tourist visa and the handling charge is £8.86 (Inclusive of VAT and Bank Charges) and is applicable per passport and is non-refundable.

Processing time for UK Nationals is a minimum of 2-3 working days (postal applications excluded) from the date of submission at any of the visa application centres. (The same can vary from case to case.)

CALL CENTRE NUMBER:

The call centre number has been changed to 09057570045.

SIGNING THE FORM:

The visa application form must be signed and dated by the applicant. In the case of minors, either of the parents can sign on the applicants behalf.

ONLINE TRACKING:

The online tracking of the visa application is the same as last season but there is now a new link for 'Royal Mail Track and Trace' to enable you to track the return of your passport/visa provided you have the Royal Mail Track and Trace 13 character reference number.

APPLICATION CENTRES:

There are now the following application centres:

London (two centres)

Hayes

Birmingham

Edinburgh

Cardiff

Glasgow

Manchester

Many thanks to Bruary for bringing the changes to our attention and I hope this new information has helped a little. We may be bumping it up again a few times in the coming months. Good luck to all!!!

Travel Photography Walking Tours of Goa by Francisco de Souza
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
KOKOindia
Sightseeing Tours
The Bicycle Trip
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
HoHo Goa
Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas - new VFS Global website

thanks meerkat for the updates know doubt it will change again as always lol,but untill it does we,ll keep bumping the thread up

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas - new VFS Global website

OMGosh Meerkat, why do they change things EVERY season??? Do they do it to keep you on your toes (our own personnal visa expert)...

Anyway, thankyou for taking the time and effort to post this, as you said, I'm sure it will be poured over in the comming months!

Susie.x

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,871 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas - new VFS Global website

Actually, none of those are major changes to the process as far as I can see, and most of them seem to clarify the situation. Thanks Meerkat for listing them. Must remember not to take my iPod with me next time then!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,710 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas - new VFS Global website

Very useful info Meerkat which I have saved into my 'Goa' file - though it could well have changed by the time I apply in October. No doubt you will update us all if it does and thanks for posting :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Visas - new VFS Global website

So, apart from now having the (sensible) one postal application centre, it all looks the same.

Very good. After all the panics we had last year, hopefully the visa procedure will be a lot less stressful this year.

bolton
Level Contributor
263 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visas - new VFS Global website

Meerkat can you answer a query for me Can you get a tourist visa for longer than 6 months say 12 months or 5 years, someone mentioned to me that they thought you could, but I didnt think so , but wasnt about to argue because I wasnt sure. You bein the expert in these matter I'm sure you will know.

Thanks Maureen

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,416 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visas - new VFS Global website

Hi Meerkat

Thanks for all the time & effort you have put into this thread...hopefully it won't be as 'stressfull' this season...

But if it is we'll know where to come....;-)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,682 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Visas - new VFS Global website

Hi Maureen, sorry I know nothing about visas for a longer period than the standard 6 month ones I'm afraid. Maybe someone who lives in Goa for most of the year like Bruary, will be able to help you with that one.

No, there doesn't appear to be many changes to the system but clarification has been given on certain points, eg. handwritten applications being permissable and stating who is to sign for minors. And the phone number has changed.

There are now more application centres than there were previously too.

The website looks signicantly different and has the addition of the Royal Mail website as a link which was missing from the old website.

The above are the changes and clarification that I can see apart from the one centre for postal applications.

But it is handy to know what anyone visiting an application centre can and can't take with them on the day of submission.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,682 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Visas - new VFS Global website

And thanks everyone for the thanks :)

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visas - new VFS Global website

Hi Meerkat is it still £8.86 if you send a sae special delivery envelope for passports to be returned Barbs