We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belated Holiday report

Leeds
Level Contributor
389 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Belated Holiday report

So the hol seasons long gone. So just to re-kindle some memories of our first trip.

Well pre-booking the wife was a little apprehensive to say the least but boy is she glad i twisted her arm. We travelled to Goa flying thomas cook from Manchester ( 6th April ). Nice lg room and flight on time. Arriving 7th we found the Osbourne Calangute a very comfortable choice (well chuffed). That evening was the first organised TP meeting, set up by Judge-mental. Again prior to going to the meet', my 15 year old daughter Hannah said that there could be some right looney tunes arrive.lol.

A great experience putting faces to the names etc, a lovely evening. The Dommat beach shack with Carla and Hilda was our usual haunt with top draw food. A trip to the night market and a little local shopping was enough, which included an Emerald and Diamond ring, (which we have yet to get valued ).

Trips to the falls, riding and washing the elephants nearby and the spice plantation was a long but enjoyable day. Taxi days out at Mandrem and Ashwem were fab. But the icing on the cake was catching a train at Thivim to Palolem staying the night (400Rps) then climbing into the first clas on return ( fab air-con ), b4 getting turfed back into our proper carrriage. Train fare was 750Rps for 5.

Best restaurant were All Spice, After 7, Mermaid,Soumens Kitchen and Cool Breeze in Palolem. Most dissapointing was East meets west. Calangute, Candolim and Baga were fab, and tuk-tuks and taxis a quaint ( honest ) new experience. If the job front takes an upturn Goa is a real possibility next season. It would be amazing to see more TP'ers, if your still reading sorry if i waffled on.

We certainly have the Goan bug, whats annoying is it took us so bl**dy long... Jimbo.

Museum of Goa
Art Galleries, Art Museums
Anjuna Market
Flea & Street Markets
Mapusa Friday Bazaar
Flea & Street Markets
england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belated Holiday report

hello jimbo,nice to read your report and glad you all had a lovely time,yes once you go to goa you sure do get the goan bug lol

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belated Holiday report

Great read Jimbo, glad you enjoyed Goa. Hope you are pleased with your valuation.

Hope work enables you to go back 2010 :-))

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,440 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belated Holiday report

Great report Jimbo.

You need to keep an eye on that bug......it'll cost you a fortune....;-)

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
182 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belated Holiday report

Hi Jimbo,

We were on that flight too, it was our 1st time and we loved it as well, it must have been the same bug that circulated on the plane!!

Mags

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belated Holiday report

Loved reading your belated report Jimbo....we did the train journey to Palolem too...and loved it!

Look forward to seeing you next season....fingers crossed!

Susie.x

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belated Holiday report

Enjoyed reading your report and hope your daughter didn't meet up with too many 'looney tunes' lol.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belated Holiday report

Hi Jimbowolf... we are trying to book up again for next year so maybe see you there... Hannah was right there were some looney tunes at the meeting..ME.. lol.. hope you job hunting is successful XX for us all

northampton
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Belated Holiday report

Jimbo I love to hear about folk having proper adventures! You'll go back by hook or by crook, just like me. See you next year!xx

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Belated Holiday report

Aww, I just want to go back now! :-))

Lovely to read a great belated trip report - anybody else got one to keep us going until next season? :-))

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,696 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Belated Holiday report

Hi jimbo, great reading your report and thanks for sharing :)

Weird how we all rave about different restaurants. We loved East Meets West but didn't rate All Spice at all! Different nights, different chefs in different seasons I guess!

That 'bug' is definitely very infectious!