We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monarch premium cabin any good?

manchester
Level Contributor
707 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
monarch premium cabin any good?

hi , just been looking for a holiday for xmas, may go to goa again.got a fair price with premium seats, but are they worth the extra money? thanks

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monarch premium cabin any good?

hi

been to goa many times,last year tried monarch for the first time despite eveyone saying dont do it,all i can say is i wouldnt fly with them again if they were half price

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: monarch premium cabin any good?

We flew premium with Monarch last year and it was the best flight we have had. Okay, it was our first time in premium cabin but it was much better than Thomas Cook premium this year! Definitely worth it and we would definitely fly Monarch premium again. I wouldn't fly with Monarch in economy though!

U.K.
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monarch premium cabin any good?

I dont think it is worth the extra money. I wouldn't go with Monarch Premium ever again. We were very disappointed with it. Last time we went with Monarch we paid for extra legroom. It was very good, well worth the extra money.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: monarch premium cabin any good?

We were lucky enough to get the upgrade last year for no extra cost at all. Just got lucky at the time of booking! But, now having had the upgrade, I would be very reluctant to fly without it, mostly because of the increased luggage allowance!

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monarch premium cabin any good?

we went with monarch last year, and never again will i, fly with them, even if it was free!! I dont think the premium seats are worth the money, better to use the money for spend. IMHO.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,325 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: monarch premium cabin any good?

Premium seats are not worth the money whichever airline you fly with, in my opinion.

Having said that, where monarch are concerned, anything is better than travelling CATTLE CLASS!!!!!

We do use the premium seats sometimes, because Helga my wife, say's we must!!!! LOL.

BOB.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: monarch premium cabin any good?

Hi, If I was flying with Monarch then Premium is the only way to go. I flew premium several times and the difference to me was well worth it. 9 hours in cattle class with no leg room and poor service - no thanks.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: monarch premium cabin any good?

Guess I am in the minority then!

Hertfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: monarch premium cabin any good?

We have booked to go with Monarch....... I am dreading it. We flew with Thomas Cook last November and were very disappointed on the way out coz we got swapped onto a Spanish plane on the way out and they were, quite honestly the worst airline we have ever flown with. Poor service, poor facilities, cramped conditions, shan't labour that point! Thomas Cook on the way home was marginally better so how much worse can Monarch be I ask myself! I will book extra legroom for us as we are both 6ft. Anyone know what I would expect to pay each way?

I would say, last year, we 'booked' our seats for our return flight with our rep , at the 'Welcome Meet'. We paid our money and expected all to be well at check in! The check in staff thought we were nuts! when we showed them our receipt the rep gave us and What made it worse was there was nothing on the receipt to suggest it was from Thomas Cook. Lesson learned! I suppose on our first day, knackered and getting over the journey, the thought of booking a seat with leg room with her sounded to much to resist - don't do it if you're offered!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: monarch premium cabin any good?

Emerald, apart from once, we have travelled with Monarch and had no major problems. Have tried premium but it's not worth the extra. All you have to do is call/email Monarch within 90 days of your travel date and you can purchase extra legroom seats for 30 pounds each way. We have found this to be well worth it. I know I am in the minority, but I don't mind Monarch at all. Apart from once, when it was not Monarch's fault, we have always been on time both ways. Okay, food isn't brilliant, but we usually buy a sandwich once through security at Gatwick and that does us fine.

Just sit and think of the great holiday you have to look forward to - the time passes quite quickly.