We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

manchester
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

hi thinking of going back to goa again at xmas, but dont want to fly with the usual airlines. i know we will have to do some stops but i dont mind to much, if the airline is a good one with more room and stuff like that in economy. on my list of possibles are finnair, emirates, qatar. never flown with any of them so not sure which one would be best but it would also help if the drinks were free in economy lol thanks.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

I think drinks are free on all scheduled long haul airlines, they certainly are on Qatar and Etihad. Qatar are good, never flown with Emirates or Finnair although Emirates have an excellent reputation.

We are also looking for flights at Christmas. The deciding factors for us are the cost and the connection times.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

Isn't Emirates a dry airline?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

Hi London Goa Girl

Emirates most definitely not a dry airline, so don't knock it off your list - they're very free and easy with the drinks! Food is excellent - it's even possible to order fish based menus in advance in economy class if, like me, you're not a meat eater. Business class is amazing!!

If you have a long wait at Dubai Airport, there's a pod hotel in the transit area into which you can check for several hours of sleep and shower. Not sure how much it costs. Plenty of shops there, but it's the usual airport retail stuff that seems to be the same price as every other airport & probably cheaper on Amazon. Iranian pistachios and Jordanian almonds are what I stock up on there!

London, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

qatar have started going from manchester-doha-goa so no stopover at mumbai.wahay

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

Emirates was never on my list to be honest!! I don't drink when I'm flying long haul, so it doesn't make any difference to me. I also used to stock up on almonds and dates and other bits and pieces at any of the middle eastern airports. Bahrain is very disappointing these days I find. Haven't been to Dubai or Abu Dhabi for years and never to Doha.

St.Annes, Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

We flew with Finnair twice last season. They were very reliable, no delays, but the aircraft were quite old fashioned with only overhead screens for in-flight entertainment. Wine and beer were complimentary but spirits cost 5euros for a miniature bottle. the food was just ok. In the past we have flown with Emirates and the planes had seat back tv screens with a wide choice of films and games. The food was excellent and all the drinks were free. This year we are flying with Qatar and I believe they are equally as good as Emirates.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

i would fly the one with the best connection times/the cheapest.all are reliable .according to skytrax qatar are 5star and emirates ,finnair are 4 4star,but that doesnt tell the whole story.1flight i took with qatar had no seat back entertainment even in business class when we were upgraded due to them not having a vegetarian meal in economy.emirates in my bad books for taking 1 year to refund my money [and several letters] after i cancelled a flight[on there advice]that was due to leave 2 days after the tsunami.flew finn air and they were very accomodating allowing us to change our flight from heathrow to gatwick for free.long winded answer from me as always . they will all get you there happily enough .

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

and most drinks will be free on all 3 airlines.

manchester
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

ok thanks will take a closer look at those two airlines and see what prices i can get, thanks again.

10. Re: flights to goa qatar, emirates or finnair?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2009, 05:47