We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is It Raining?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Is It Raining?

Anyone knows whether it is raining in Goa right now? If so, where? How much? I am looking to enjoy the rain in Goa, so news of rain is good as far as I am concerned.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is It Raining?

Hi RuffMumbai

If you look at the long range weather forecast, it will give you an idea of the weather and expected rain:

wunderground.com/global/stations/43192.html

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is It Raining?

Thanks, Meerkat. Appreciate that.

I did look at weather underground, but was wondering whether anyone there could give me particulars.

The forecast for the next 5 days is for thundershowers, so it is promising :)

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,487 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is It Raining?

accuweather predict out of the next 9 days, 8 will have varying degrees of rain. the following 6 days will be mostly dry with some sun.

BOB.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is It Raining?

Was raining Saturday and expected Sunday

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,420 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is It Raining?

Hi Ruff,

Just called up a friend in Panjim, and yes its been raining a fair bit lately. Take a brolly.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is It Raining?

Goa in the rain lucky you,

Tell me, Goa experts, do the rains lower the temperature significantly after the initial three to four weeks of sticky humid weather, if so Goa must be truly wonderful during the Monsoon.

It's green, mountainous, stormy, laid back and the rivers and waterfalls must be bursting from all the precipitation.

I'll get there one day, but I fear I'll have to retire first.

I earn my money for travel in July, August & September

Photos please Ruff...........

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is It Raining?

Thanks, everyone. Photos if I finally make it. Rains looking good. No brolly at the resort for me - remember all those drip dry tips of mine, Brave_1?;-)

I have been to Goa in the monsoons before - once got stranded at Mumbai airport for 2 days and a night, but that was ages ago. Yes, it does cool down and is absolutely wonderful.

No one will get dinner if I do not dash now. Spicy mutton fry.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is It Raining?

Hi,there has hardly been any rain for the past 10 days,apart from the odd shower now and again.When it does rain it's lovely and cool.The teperature at the moment is about 31 degrees and mainly sunny.

John

9. Re: Is It Raining?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 05:16