We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one way flight

Somerset
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Topic
one way flight

Hi there

We've booked to go to Goa again next March, flying with qatar airlines and have booked accomodation, all settled.

Our daughter is thinking of joining us for perhaps our last week and as she was travelling alone I thought the best way for her to get there would be a charter flight (didn't want her having to change at Mumbai etc on her own) and then she could fly back with us with qatar. I've been trying to price this up via internet but Monarch and Thomson Fly won't give me prices for single journeys, can you not get a one-way ticket to Goa? Surely the longstayers amongst you don't book your ticket back at the same time as you book your ticket to go do you?. I know Southall do the schedule flights but I can't seem to get charter with them either. I could understand it if it was next week, but this is next March that I'm looking at. We need to check the prices to see if it is worth considering. Any ideas please

JenXX

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one way flight

None of the charter companies will sell you a one way ticket to Goa.You can buy one coming back,but not going.Your only option is to book a one way scheduled flight.

John

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one way flight

Don't Qatar change at Doha rather than Mumbai?

I think most long stayers book scheduled airlines.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one way flight

some qatar flight change in doha ,a very civilised airport,if there is a long wait you can pay to go to a executive long to wait in comfort.2O or 30 pounds i think.you would be better of going down this route.almost all long stayers use scheduled airlines like qatar,you also get flexibility to change the return date

UK
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: one way flight

Hi jenjen,

I always used to buy a 1 week return charter direct to Goa as I couldn't be bothered with Bombay. Then just forget about the return and buy another ticket when i felt like leaving. Easy.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
428 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one way flight

just looked for you £322 on jet airways,or kingfisher airlined on 15th march,both change at mumbai (bombay)i tried using netflights ,which i normally find quite good,or southall travel (google them) hope this is of any help to you,good luck

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one way flight

Hi. Try TVL4U. They seem to be able to arrange 'Long-Term' charter flights with Monarch, where no one else can. Worth a try. I have friends who use them.

www.tvl4u.com

Naresh.Bathija@tvl4u.com;

Nareshbathija@hotmail.com

However, there are additional probs when flying just one-way. When I asked him for one way flights for April this year he said, 'Since you have travelled with a scheduled airline , you may have an issue with immigration. The rule is if you arrive with a scheduled airline you have to leave on scheduled airline. If you have experience of Goa then you will know how to handle it, if not they will not allow you to board.'

Also, one way flights tend to be expensive. When we looked at one way only to go out in November, it was very little extra to buy a return flight, which is what we evenyually did - Nov/Apr with Kingfisher.

Anyway, try Naresh. He will certainly help you if he can.

Good luck.

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: one way flight

OOOOH - forgot to say!!

Our daughter flew out to join us in January on a two week Thomas Cook charter flight. She then decided to stay until mid-April!!

We flew her back on Kingfisher,one-way, on 15th April, and she just didn't turn up for the flight with Thomas Cook in January. We had no probs going thro' immigration - no questions were asked at all.

Unfortunately, we could not get a refund on a cancellation on the T.Cook flight, as it was a pre-booked/paid Charter Flight, so she just didn't turn up, and we wrote it off.

Hope this helps.

Somerset
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: one way flight

Fantastic info as always, knew I could count on you for good advice.

Thank you Bluesmania I will try the link you suggested as soon as we (or she) decides for certain.

Thanks to all

JennyX

9. Re: one way flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 05:19