We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

Goa, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Topic
2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

I thought about adding a few notes about the weather etc, mainly because it's pi**ing it down at present.. So I will try and fill in the daily updates until the man "Brauhy" himself gets here...

Obviously mine won't be a patch on his, my exchange rates will not be from calangute either (as I stay in Mapusa), hope that's OK.... (Also can't promise I'll manage every day, but will try).

Friday 4th September 2009

The morning started off with a cool breeze after a long night of rain, for the last week or two there has been a definite increase in rainfall, which is the opposite of what you'd expect for this time of year...

Currently 9:30am the rain has stopped and we have a indoor temperature of 29 degrees...

The sky is full of clouds and I expect rain throughout the day. (Will try and do next updates a little later on in the day...)

The exchange rate is

80.16 Rs to the Pound

48.91 Rs to the Dollar

70.11 Rs to the Euro

The exchange rate for the pound has been pretty static around 80 rs for the last 4 or 5 weeks. Which is a whole lot better than the miserable 67 it got down to earlier in the year.

Current Cheap Phone Call Rates to Indian Mobiles from UK Landlines...

0844-7200000 - 1p per min (Ratebusters)

0844-8616262 - 1p per min (Best Minutes)

Hope this is OK....

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,507 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

Thanks for the update Rob. It's pi**ing it down here too though we've got cold rain. I'm already thinking about putting the heating on this weekend and we're only just into September!

Hope the exchange rate stays around 80 for the season :-)

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

thanks rob for the report,doubt the exchange rate will stay 80 in the season nice thought tho lol

Goa, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

Glad to be of help... I think it should stay around 80 Rs/-, unless there's another bank crash or worse in the UK... It was great just before Christmas last year when it got up to 85, makes all the difference.. :)

Daily Update : Remained cloudy, although just sprinkles of rain since the morning... slightly cool breeze

UK
Level Contributor
477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

Hi Rob,

This is great we could now have 365 days a year updates.

Me thinks you may have made a rod for your own back!!!!

Phil

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
893 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

Hi.thanks for that hopr the rup stops at 80.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

Hi Rob

Thanks for the weather report, nice to know our lawns and garden are getting watered and there will be plenty of water in the well when we get back.

Please tell us where you change money in Mapusa, as you know we live near Mapusa but have not found anywhere to get a decent rate, so we normally go to Calangute or Baga

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

Great post, thanks.

I'd just like to point out that Virgin Media has recently increaed it prices and charges £1.48 connection and then 7p/min to these 0844 numbers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

virgin are out of order as they know people will use these numbers so they put rates up.

does any one know of cheap uk mobile to india mobile

thanks

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

Hi vegiehead

Just Google CHEAP CALLS TOP INDIA and take your pick

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2009 - Brauhy's Daily Updates

Hi

Thats the trouble with size 12 hands you hit two keys at once and miss what has happened,should have read Google CHEAP CALLS TO INDIA.