We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Goa

Elmsford, New York
6 posts
Save Topic
First trip to Goa

Hi all,

i will be traveling to Goa the first weekend in October for the first time. I am staying in South Goa but i hear the best expat/bar/nightlife experience is in the North. Can anyone tell me the best expat bars/clubs in the South and in the North? How long does it take to get from South to North?

thanks!

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Goa

South is relatively calmer and North is famous for party scenes.

Titos is a good place at Calangute.

South to North is 1 Hr. on average.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Goa

are you aware that the season doesnt start until november? october is still the tail end of the rainy season.i would expect everywhere to be very quiet..

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Goa

Oh! Goa is never deserted...

There will be people in October at Goa...

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to Goa

Yes it is deserted this time of year.We have just returned to the Uk for a few weeks and there was hardly anyone about anywhere.It will slowly stert picking up in the next few weeks,but it won't start getting busy till November.

John

scotland
Level Contributor
120 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip to Goa

It will be very quiet..It's only 50 miles to north Goa though..Have a great time and take the time out in the silence to do some positve getting to know yourself...See if you can fid a Guy called Raga for a massage up at the point...Check out The Oceanic hotel in the south..not quite sure if it's open but worth a look...

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip to Goa

Also depends which bit of the south you're staying in. Although Goa's quite small, there are a number of different places you might be!

scotland
Level Contributor
120 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First trip to Goa

Good point

8. Re: First trip to Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2010, 05:21