We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Benaulim to Colva

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Benaulim to Colva

I wondered if anybody had walked along the beach from Benaulim to Colva and if so roughly how long it took and how remote that part of the beach is? Walked from Cavelossim to Benaulim twice on my own the last time we were there but not sure how safe it is to do that now so thought I might catch the bus to Benaulim and then walk to Colva. I haven't been to Colva before and do enjoy a nice walk along the beach. OH will probably be 'relaxing' in a shack so I'll be walking on my own.

UK
Level Contributor
198 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Benaulim to Colva

Its quite safe to vwalk to colva from cavelossim we did it in march it just seemed to take for ever as it was very hot. We also walked from benaulim one evening, we got off the bus & then walked down to the beach, couldn't decide where to eat so walked back on beach to colva & its not remote there are plenty of shacks from Benaulim to colva,

LM

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
17,978 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from Benaulim to Colva

as Lily said there are groups of shacks all the way from Benaulim to Colva so you could always leave the O/H at one and collect him on the way back ;-)

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from Benaulim to Colva

walked from benaulim to colva last year ,seem to remember it only taking 30 to 40 minuites,had a very nice thali and walked back at night .perfectly safe i thought

.thought colva was quite a shock compared to benaulim ,admittedly it might look different by day but not a place i fancy going back to.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
428 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from Benaulim to Colva

We walked it last year and got a taxi back. I recall the beach area at Colva being very popular with domestic indian tourists. Plenty of shacks en route. Another time we hired bikes from Cavellisom and cycled it up there which was nice and a bit cooler than sloggiing it on foot.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from Benaulim to Colva

Thanks everybody for your comments, it doesn't sound a very long walk so I should be able to do it easily. To be honest I felt perfectly safe when I walked from Cavelossim to Benaulim though I was approached a gentleman once but he was extremely polite and non threatening though unfortunately I was unable to give him what he wanted lol. However I did read of a German girl being attacked the other year and as robbery seems to be on the increase everywhere I think it's probably safer if I don't walk that remote stretch of beach on my own. It's much too far for OH to walk all that way and I enjoy walking on my own with nobody moaning lol. Not sure if I'll like Colva but would like to see what it's like.

6. Re: Walking from Benaulim to Colva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2010, 06:16