We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

auto rick'shaw from Dabolim airport?

India
Level Contributor
142 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
auto rick'shaw from Dabolim airport?

I heard from somebody that the taxis from dabolim airport have become very expensive, almost double price, since they became unionized.

my question is, are there any auto rickshaws available at the airport, which one could take until calangute, and if so, what is the price approx, or, are there cheaper taxis available, outside the airport?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,322 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: auto rick'shaw from Dabolim airport?

Same price this year as they were last year. If you use the prepay kiosk you will get the fixed price of I believe 630 rupees to calangute, if you use the ones outside you are likely to pay more. Never seen any tuk tuks, presumably because they wouldnt be able to take suitcases.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: auto rick'shaw from Dabolim airport?

Tuk Tuk's are great fun to get around in on short journeys but it is a hour in a taxi to Calungute and I would not like to think how long a tuk tuk would take when loaded with cases and passengers or how many hills you would have to push it up

I think 650 is the official fare but we was quoted 800 at the desk, so told them to stick it as we could get one outside cheaper but then the taxi driver came running after us with the cancelled ticket offering to take us for 700 , we did a deal at 650 cash in hand. Seems every one is on the fiddle over here

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: auto rick'shaw from Dabolim airport?

Give the tuk tuk a miss Jodhagirl! Ok for short journeys but I spent over an hour in one and I swear my jaw ached because my teeth were getting rattled loose!! The journey also kicked off my wife's dodgy back too. Stick to a proper comfortabe taxi.

Bradford
Level Contributor
167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: auto rick'shaw from Dabolim airport?

Hi Jodhagirl

we've gone by tuktuk many times to and from airport to Benaulim. Journey was fine, but need to allow a little longer. Must say that a normal taxi would be more comfy, but our pal is the tuktuk driver, and do not want to be disloyal to him, and seeing his smile when we first arrive is worth a lot.

Also, have travelled from Benaulim to Calangute by tuktuk in the past, which made our driver a legend in Benaulim.

That said, if you don't personally know the driver, I would take a taxi.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: auto rick'shaw from Dabolim airport?

The fixed price taxi stand is still the same price as it has been for the last couple of years. 675 to Candolim. As mentioned in a previous post, the alleged hike in prices could just be due to a poorer exchange rate.

6. Re: auto rick'shaw from Dabolim airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 07:18