We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avon Cream

essex
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Topic
Avon Cream

Last year people mentioned an Avon moisturising cream that was good against mossies. Does anybody know what it was called and if they still do it?

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,428 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avon Cream

I believe it's Avon Skin so Soft - though i've never tried it myself.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avon Cream

It's the dry oil spray and it's either Original or used to be called Woodland Fresh.

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Avon Cream

It's called Skin So Soft and you can buy it online. I've heard it's good but never tried it. Maybe I'll give it a go this year. Off to Baga on 27th Feb. Has anybody stayed at Colonia Santa Maria recently??

LIncoln
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avon Cream

IWe use Avon Skin so Soft lotion ...the blue bottle altho ' I think they've changed the packaging recently. They also do a pink one. We've taken it to Thailand, Sri Lanka and Maldives. ( Hubby and sons also swear by it for shaving!!) We also take garlic pills a week or two before we go, never had any probs withmozzies.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avon Cream

It's the original dry oil spray that's supposed to work, not the moisturising lotion. I don't know why.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avon Cream

I had heard such good things about skin so soft too so tried it last year, never ever again. First time I tried it I sat with three other people and was the only one that got bitten, two had applied no repellent as they had just returned from a day out, I was bitten not just once but became a mossie magnet and had to leave the table and go back to my room to apply my usual repellent. I'll stick to something with Deet from now on.

manchester
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Avon Cream

it is avon skin so soft the green origianl one

works for me came back yesterday used it more than mossie spray didnot get bitten once.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avon Cream

It's the Dry Oil body spray in the Soft & Fresh (used to be Woodland Fresh, very recently re-packaged as Original). It's in a bluey turquoise bottle.

I've used this since we first went to Goa.

I have a book sent to us by Thomson dated 1996/7 which states:

"An excellent mosquito repellent (believe it or not) is Avon's skin-so-soft bath oil spray. It's highly effective. Even sand flies will keep their distance."

It was, at that time, very oily and they've changed it since then into the dry oil spray.

Avon did, a few years ago and for a very brief period, state in their brochures that the S-S-S Soft & Fresh dry oil spray was a good mozzie repellant.

I think that over the years word has just been passed around so lots of people use it as a mozzie repellant.

I use it after after-sun but before 'proper' mosquito repellent - I'd never just use it on its own.

I see it as a good moisturiser and if it has the added benefit of deflecting a few mozzies to bother somebody other than me, I consider it a bonus. LOL

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avon Cream

Hi biscuit, the wife swears by Avon SSS and has done for years.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Avon Cream

I always use SSS as an aftersun but use repellant as well.