We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
879 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

I have waited for this holiday since we booked it in early Dec and now it is nearly here! I am getting all exicted and nervous now about my first time to Goa :-) The thread about the sea having poo in it was a bit disconcerting but i am sure it will look every bit as beautiful and inviting as it does on the photo's on this site.

If I end up in some indian scrap book of fit birds I will feel very flattered :-)

We went out for a curry last night and it suddenly hit me that after years of admiring the indian landscape pictures you see on the walls and fancying trying india, I am actually going in weeks time!!!

I am so looking forward to exploring and seeing some incredible scenery :-)

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,151 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

Jools

The curries in Goa are a million times better than your local curry house....;-)

And i would much rather bath in the sea in Goa than in some coastal resorts in the UK....Mersey trout anyone..PMSL

Have a great time..;-)

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
879 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

we tried a trout starter last night just to get us in the mood and it was done beautifully to say it was a little curry house in the middle of scunthorpe so the fish out there must be absolute heaven, we love seafood so I am looking forward to trying loads of varieties out there!

My grandparents lived at Hornsea and the sea is permanently brown there - I remember being amazed as a kid to see how clear and blue the sea was in Devon - puts you right off :-) Anyway think of all that Marine life in the sea - the ocean must be packed to the rafters with fish poop :-)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,612 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

Lol jools, I've always been concerned about what sharks etc do in the sea even before reading the thread about poo in the sea. Glad my injections are up to date and I do try to keep my mouth shut in the sea!

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

If you are the same age as be 40+ then there a good chance to a European beach meant swimming in poo when you were youngsters as that's exactly where sewage went for a lomg long time in th UK and elshwere.....

So keep it in perspective.

East Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

I know but I will be looking for it now - sometimes ignorance is bliss

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

'Floaters' spring to mind. Sorry, but PMSL!

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

Argh C'mon meerkat I've still not had me dinner LOL..

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

u will have a great time im sure. we ate the same meal in england for £50 odd pound and it cost just £14 ish in indiat and the service and food was so much better in india. as for the floaty things.....lay back and think of england, not lol

East Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

Aww Meerkat lol that made me think of the Kevin and Perry fim when Perry did one in the Sea.

I think I will just paddle if its all the same ...........

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: the 22nd is nearly here and I am getting the jitters!!!

Nah, don't worry about the poo. The water's so murky you won't see it anyway lol!

And apologies cyberhippie but still PMSL!