We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

£ today!!

Herts
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
£ today!!

Have you seen the £ today? 68.7rp

Sure sign I'm going soon!

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: £ today!!

Pound has fallen in value against most currencies over the recent weeks!

newmarket suffolk
Level Contributor
321 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: £ today!!

Yep & us, when we go away the £ always drops through the floor, just before our airline goes bust!!!!!

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: £ today!!

Bad news isn't it? In November when we were there, the £ had dropped to 77 from 80 or more. Last week when we were there again it was only between 70 and 72. Thats a big drop, for every £100 it was 700 less, that's a meal for two! Things don't seem such a bargain do they?

I know you shouldn't take money out, but when you are bringing it back in a few weeks later I can't see anything wrong in that. Therefore I had quite a lot to start the first week of the holiday with, it did lessen the blow a bit.

Of course it could work against you and the £ be stronger, but I had a hunch this would happen.

Manchester
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: £ today!!

I have been looking at the rate for some time now, when i booked holiday it was around the 76 now 68.

Not sure if it will go up again.

I fly on the 12th March land morning of the 13th.

So advice do I use the ATM at airport to get my first Rs or wait till i get to the guest house ???

blackpool
Level Contributor
578 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: £ today!!

If the opinion polls keep shortening The Tories lead it will get worse. The money men are scared of a hung parliament.

They should wait until it happens but they never do nowadays

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: £ today!!

Just checked the Pound against the Euro and to my dismay it has fallen another 2 cents. Just 2 weeks ago it traded at 1.15 euro / pound now it's down to 1.10 euro/pound not good !!

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: £ today!!

My UK holiday will be good then..... Not surprising the Euro and GBP are in freefall given the state of our economies...

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: £ today!!

Yes happy days for you guys visiting here from the "Eurozone" !!!!

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: £ today!!

I saw the rate today being advertised at 68.5. We got 77.6 when we arrived here in December. Luckily, we had filled our local bank acct at the higher rate and haven't needed to exchange any since. We will also transfer some money in the Summer to our Goan bank acct when, hopefully, the exchange rate improves. And, they give us 2% on anything in the account.

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: £ today!!

i dont care - im still going in 3weeks yepeeeeeeeeeeeeeee