We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bargain

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
bargain

after reading threads lately saying about the rip off guys at the airport demanding money for overweight cases... decided to get our own travel scales. what a bargain at £3.99. gonna weigh them later and see how little i can put in...just think of the bargains i will b able to bring back lol

aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bargain

Kezibean I took travel scales for the return trip and guess what they were all over. We braced ourselves at the check in and we were three and a half kilos over. The lad in the blue uniform whispered into the check in mans ear, but he was ignored and we were not charged. What a result.

What was funny that we were in reception on the Sunday morning weighing the luggage not just ours but everyones who were travelling. The reception staff thought it was funny, I don't think it had been done before.

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bargain

funny that sylvie as i said to the OH, i can see us weighing the whole line on the way back! lol

did u realise u would be over as u had bought too much or didnt they work correctly??

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,211 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bargain

Kezi

Make sure you weigh the cases before you pack the scales...;-) PMSL

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bargain

badgerlad - ha b**** ha! just weighed and only 12 and i have 20 allowance so happy days for the shopping yepeeeeeeeeeeeee

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,211 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bargain

Are you really packed already?

I havent even polished my sandals yet...;-)

6. Re: bargain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 05:18