We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

London
14 posts
Save Topic
Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

Hi,

Does anyone know of Cocoa Beach in north goa, what its like?

Also if anyone knows of a hotel called River Rays which is on Cocoa Beach. Any feedback on these would be most appreciated.

thanks

SV

London, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

Hey there. It's Coco Beach (without the 'a' on the end). Either cut and paste this url http://tinyurl.com/8x7jn or type 'coc beach goa' into google. Sounds like a nice place. Enjoy. Bryan

London, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

Sorry. You need to type 'coco beach goa' (I left an 'o' off in the last post. Sorry.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

Hi,

Coco Beach isn't that nice, it's on the river estuary on the other side of the river from Sinquerim. The sand is a bit dark and dingy and I wouldn't want to swim there. The good points are that there are not many sellers on the beach and the shacks are plentiful and friendly.

River Rays is on the road from Coco Beach towards Panjim. Although I haven't been in, it looked a bit grotty last year, it was used by Indian tour groups. It's a long way to walk to anywhere else and you would need a taxi. I wouldn't stay there.

London
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

thanks for your help, really appreciated

London
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

Goa Girl, you dont happen to know of any hotels that have availibility over new years?

Im looking for North Goa hotels. Ive been searching for over two months now and not found anything. getting a bit worried as flights are booked!

uk
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

cocoa beach near candolim,a few beach shacks but like all of them serves superb food,fisherman on the beach pulling in there nets most of the day,a chill out and relax place.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

Hi SV,

I don't know what your budget is or what type of accomodation you would like, but one place you could try is Per Avel guest house which is in the quieter end of Candolim towards Fort Aguada. The phone number is 832 247 9074.

A website I have just been looking at which you might want to try is www.goaintherains.com this has some of the smaller hotels in which don't usually feature in British tour brochures.

Good luck!

Essex
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

The Per Avel is with Jewel in the Crown.We stayed there twice several years ago and found it very pleasant - the locals living closeby are particularly friendly.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know of a beach called Cocoa Beach or a hotel called...

Hi Norfolkboy,

I couldn't agree more about the people living nearby, we have stayed in a house nearby for over ten years now and everytime we visit, it feels like coming home. We know more people in the lane than in our own street. It was good to see you mention Freddie in an earlier post, he's still going strong and will be meeting us at the airport in 11 days time.