We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goa on saturday - will we be going?

London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
goa on saturday - will we be going?

meant to b going to goa on saturday!!! due to the ash!!! do u think we will be going?

Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,801 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: goa on saturday - will we be going?

Will keep my fingers crossed that the wind changes direction and you get off on Saturday stuu!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: goa on saturday - will we be going?

The latest forecast is that the wind will change direction tomorrow and take more of the ash towards Scandinavia. The problem now is the many flights that should have been on the way to the UK are now grounded around the world and it's going to take quite a bit of time for the aircraft to be repositioned and to get flight crew to the correct places.

I am keeping my fingers crosssed that you get off with minimal disruptions on Sat. :- )

Greater London...
Level Contributor
393 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: goa on saturday - will we be going?

long haul will get priority when they start flying again !

Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: goa on saturday - will we be going?

i keep thinking of those who were going out today, i hope u all get out just as soon as its poss. fingers crossed and be safe and happy when u get there x

Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,640 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: goa on saturday - will we be going?

Stuuu, I don't mean to be the Devils Advocate but when everything can start flying again there will be a tremendous back log of flights, so yes you will probably get away but at what time.........who knows?

Best wishes.

Edited: 15 April 2010, 21:47
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: goa on saturday - will we be going?

Yes - No - Maybe

Nobody on this forum is qualified to give you your answer - it's wait and see for everyone including my family.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: goa on saturday - will we be going?

My son and his wife were due to go yesterday from Gatwick, so they are still waiting to hear from Cosmos as to when or whether they are going.

Yet flights are being allowed from some airports i.e Glasgow. How weird is that?

Level Contributor
8,827 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: goa on saturday - will we be going?

Until there is official confirmation as to when the airports will open, I imagine no airline could confirm whether and when a flight will operate.

If indeed they do reopen after 1 am Saturday, which was last forecast there will be tremendous backlog. Aircraft and crews will be out of position and thousands of passengers stranded abroad.

Yes Glasgow has reopened for a few flights but again some airports in countries such as Poland are now closing because the cloud is being blown in their direction. Ironically the airport nearest to the volcano in Iceland has remained opened because the ash blowing away from the airport.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: goa on saturday - will we be going?

we were supposed to be flying today at 5.15pm manchester have to wait now to hear 1am saturday what is happening

Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: goa on saturday - will we be going?

we were supposed to fly man-qatar this morning.

qatar have told us to phone around 4pm as there will be another annoncement at 2.30pm today.

mailed monarch regarding our hotel booking and they replied within 10 minutes saying to let them know when we have a flight and they will arrange our accomadtion accordingly.

nice little website is radarvirtuel.com