We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather end of May

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Weather end of May

I am planning a few days in Goa at the end of May and would like to know what to expect in term of weather. Especially if it should be rainy.

This will be post a business trip in Pune and I have the option to spend the few days elsewhere if Goa is not the right pick that time of the year. I was thinking Kerala (Like Marari Beach., but have been there in January) or South Easy India (but too far away?) but Goa sounds like the easiest option.

Thx for any insight

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather end of May

Your best option is the further north you go the better.The monsoon normaly hits the first week in June in Goa,so Kerela will get the Monsoon before Goa.

John

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather end of May

Thx for the quick answer John. So since weather is not an exact science and I am planning to be in Goa between May 27thy and 30th, it looks too close for comfort.

Any other options? And if I decide to stick with Goa what should I expect when the Mansoon hits? Showers all they and not very lickely to use the pool/Beach?

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather end of May

Hi Spartac

It should not get that wet untill June but the shacks and good eating places will have closed until October.

The beaches and some very good local eating places will still be here, Baga down by the river is normally the last place to shut down and if they get the tourist will stay open in the monsoons and of course the main towns stay open all year.

The weather will be hot about 35c but it can be very sticky away from the beach breeze due to the high humidity so vest and shorts are the order of the day and if it rains it is great

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather end of May

Thx welloutofit. Would you still recommend it at the time of the year? I'm not a party animal so don't think it will bother me unless it's Post Apocalyptic empty:)

BTW, where are the nice beaches? I found this place that looks nice near to Candolim (Aashyana)

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather end of May

Hi Spartac

I think you have two choices, one is to go visiting places of interest and the other is to relax near a beach and hope the weather holds (if it rains it is normally in the evenings)

If you pick the latter you might as well choose Goa, it will be very differant to the tourist season but will give you a taste of the place

The nice beaches up north will be deserted but well worth a visit, the beaches at Canangute and Baga are OK and will still have some night life, not sure what happends in South Goa out of season but also worth a visit if you have time

Personaly I would stay in the Baga area so you have somewere to go in the evenings and hire a motor bike/scooter for a couple of pounds so you can explore in the day or hire a taxi for the day for about £20

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather end of May

Welloutofit: thx again for the advice! Will try to make it to Goa

7. Re: Weather end of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 05:16