We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

Cornwall
Level Contributor
574 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

Been searching for the " Goa " holiday flight and accomm or package , same thing every year prices up and down like a yoyo.

l have to say l dont know if l can be bothered to trawl the net morning , lunchtime and evening . Although l have always got what l wanted in the end it seem too much hard work this year !

Anyone else feel the same ? Cheers . Sereta

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

Sereta, i felt like this last year,"can i be bothered", well i had a really great month when i finally went to Goa in January.

I have booked already for January 2011 at the Nazri resort for 4 weeks, because i had such a happy holiday in Baga last year, i wanted to go back.Had a good look round the Nazri while i was there last time and decided that was where i wanted to stay.

I must admit these days i do not spend so much time hunting for bargins, packages to put together ect .I just look for what i want and go for it.There is only my husband and I , i want comfort and ease these days , i must say i cannot be bothered to trawl the net, although i know a lot of people do.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

Thanks for that vurda . If l go this will be my 5th visit . Its just every year the prices have such a variation one gets a bit sick of it . the same hol as last year ( Highland beach candolim ) its now £322 mor each ! ! ! l have no doubt l will get a good deal if l am prepared to put the searches in ........its just my patience is waering a bit thin . No what i mean ? Cheers. Sereta

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

we've just booked to stay at cafe lazy days, £1000 for 4 adults for a month ! got our flights for £600 each, I doubt we could get a package deal for that, please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

bloomer heck thats great price i reckon!!!

sereta - this year i feel the same as you , i adore goa and love the places we stayed b4, but right now i think b******** cant fly from emids and its all abig pain!

but i do love the place and u just know i will be back on the net again tomorrow.... keep in touch with anything u find lol

Inverness
Level Contributor
446 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

I am getting old. I remember when I was intrigued to find one package going to Goa! However I know what you mean, you can drive yourself dotty finding the "bargain" or "best price". Guess you just have to decide where you want to go, when you want to go and how much you can afford and then book the nearest combination. Once you have booked do NOT look again if it is going to upset you to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

Oh smudger888, i love Cafe Lazy Days, and what a good all round deal you have, but at my age i do not like very hard coir mattresses, i want spring interior, which ease my old bones!!!! I still eat a lot at Lazy Days though , so i get the best of all worlds. Can not help wishing i were younger and getting a deal like yours, really great.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,477 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

If I've decided I want to go somewhere I just go ahead and book, can't be bothered trawling the net for weeks hoping the prices will go down. Last year our flight prices went by over £250 each after we'd booked and never dropped below what we'd paid though we did go at peak season as we were there for the new year. This year the prices seem to be staying around the same price and I know there's a chance they'll drop nearer departure but I'm just glad that I've booked and have got my 2 weeks in Goa to look forward to :-))

Good luck with your bargain hunting Sereta.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

Our package last year was booked with TC for ££2200 for 2 of us from Manchster for 4 weeks. I then saw same holiday on Co-Op site for £700 less ( with TC) so booked the lower one and cancelled the original - lost deposit but still £400 better off! This year we have to get seperate flight to stay at the same hotel as noy in the brochures now. Don't know whether to book flight now or wait and try for bargain or lower price. AAGHH!

Devon
Level Contributor
346 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

I spent weeks, or at least what felt like weeks before Christmas trawlling through web sites for our holiday for Jan 2011. Tthe prices varied so much or I couldnt get prices for flights only that far in advance and it was a nightmare. So in the end I phoned a couple of travel agents and got them to do the leg work for me. One by one they came back with there "best" deal. I just got on my Goa head and I haggled, I played one off against the other and finealy got, what we think, a good deal. We leave Jan 7th 2011 staying at the Mira Hotel for a month, for £1500 for two. I'm well chuffed and cant wait.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: holiday searching here we go...can l be bothered ?

I felt the same and have trawled the net for over 2 months but I;m happy with my final choice so Its been worthwhile. I have had some good advice on where to search too from the locals on here so thanks a lot.