We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Caravela - Varca

Luton
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ramada Caravela - Varca

Hi,

Looking to go to Goa for the first time in Nov, myself and my boyfriends first holiday together. Have been trawling the hol sites for something perfect within our budget and have settled on (I think) the Ramada Caravela - Varca. It was a close call between this one and the Holiday Inn but the new refurbed rooms available at the Ramada swung it.

We are just a little worried that the hotel could be quite secluded and there are also comments about very expensive taxi's outside the hotel.

We are only going B&B and I am worried about a lack of places to eat/drink nearby (we dont want to be confined to the hotel every single day). Has anyone been here or do you know the area? Are we going to be faced with a problem in a lack of places to go and being stung by taxi's??

Any advice would be appreciated :-)

Thank you

Penny

UK
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada Caravela - Varca

Hi penwah82, my friends stay at the Ramada every year and love it.

They often get a taxi to come and see me in Colva and pay appx 1000 rupees for the taxi to bring them and pick them up. This is over double the going rate. Be very aware of taxi drivers outside of large hotels as they think if you can afford to stay there, you dont mind paying more for a taxi.

Find one away from the hotel with whom you are happy with his fares, get his phone number and use him all the time.

Sorry I cant tell you any more about the hotel area as I haven't visited. But I do know my friends also have evenings out in Cavelossim and love the shacks on the beach near the Ramada.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada Caravela - Varca

i think you will find everything you need to know in the 140 reviews already posted.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297606-d306969…

Luton
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada Caravela - Varca

Thank you for your help, will definitely take the tip of getting a number of a taxi and sticking with them.... Think we are ok to book then this week!

Penny

Cochin
Level Contributor
369 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada Caravela - Varca

I have been to Ramada Goa.Good Resort but there are restaurants nearby.Ramda is right on the beach .

dof
Chesterfield
Level Contributor
346 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramada Caravela - Varca

Hi - we have been many times to Cavelossim and Tamborin but as we spend a lot of our time in Varca we always need to hire a scooter. So in March we are staying at the Ramada - it looks fabulous and there are many good reviews. We always eat at the Sea Gull Beach Shack - as you come onto the beach from the Ramada turn left. Glorio's food is fabulous and as he goes to the market early each morning you can request what you'd like to eat for the following day including lobster, sea Bass, scallops, tiger or king prawns. We've eaten everything from omelettes, poached egg on toast to Lobster and salad - cannot fault one single meal.

Luton
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramada Caravela - Varca

Thank you, will definitely follow up on the recommendation. Going to use the trip to Goa to start experimenting with eating different types of fish, I figure you can't not try something new!

Cochin
Level Contributor
369 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramada Caravela - Varca

You can also contact Mr.Conny who is restaurant manager ...Nice man

8. Re: Ramada Caravela - Varca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 05:18