We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watersports in Baga

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Watersports in Baga

Hi

Does anyone know if there are any watersports available on the beaches of Baga or Calangute. We are heading to Goa on the 23rd February for 2 weeks.

Thanks

U.K.
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watersports in Baga

Dont even think about it!

There are water sports available "after a fashion" but there are no safety standards whatsoever. Its only a matter of time before an accident happens.Even the boat trips are hazardous, no life jackets, no anything.There are no boundaries set for jet skis and para gliding starts from the beach, anywhere there is a space between the sunbeds. Having said that, Goa is a great place to spend a holiday.

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Watersports in Baga

I was appalled to see an idiot riding a jet ski very fast right into the shallows on Baga beach. People were swimming and splashing all around and I too think it's only a matter of time before somebody is seriously injured or killed. Don't let this stop you from going into the water but be sure to check for boats and bikes.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watersports in Baga

I agree with the comments above, jet skis were a nightmare in December.Think twice before hiring one and give everyone else on the beach a bit of peace.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watersports in Baga

Thanks very much for letting me know. My husband was interested in trying the watersports but I don't think we will try the them if there are no safety rules, it is just not worth it (better being safe than sorry). We went to Goa in April 2004 and had a great time relaxing by the beach so looking forward to going back again.

Many thanks.