We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

current weather with only 3 weeks to go...!

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
current weather with only 3 weeks to go...!

hi!

i've booked flights to Goa for the 1st of October knowing that Monsoon season doesn't finish until the end of september - so risky i know but I'm worried now that we are going to be sitting in our beach hut staring out for 2 weeks straight.

can anyone tell me when the rains generally subside?

when it rains - does it rain all day or is it more patchy with some sunshine?

is the weather the same both north and south?

Many thanks!

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: current weather with only 3 weeks to go...!

The best time to go is season time between nov and April when weather is good and everything open.the shacks won,t be open untill mid nov as they have to get built each new season.I,m guessing there will be alot of rain still when you go.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: current weather with only 3 weeks to go...!

The tourist season doesn't start till November and as has been said there won't be any beach shacks up when you go. The weather will be warm but there will still be patchy heavy showers.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: current weather with only 3 weeks to go...!

The weather hasn't been too bad lately .Some showers but mainly dry and bright.At the start of October it will be probably the same.Although it will be very quiet there will be some places open for you.

John

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: current weather with only 3 weeks to go...!

We have been in october before and the weather was alright rain or no rain I know where I would rather be

Goa, India
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: current weather with only 3 weeks to go...!

Last few days have been quite good, long spells of clear weather during the day, and light overnight rain. Five day forecast to continue on same theme.

Still carrying a brolly around, but the wellies have been ditched till next year.

6. Re: current weather with only 3 weeks to go...!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 05:16