We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel warning Delhi

Goa, India
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Travel warning Delhi

Anyone arriving or travelling through Delhi in next 72 hours should be aware of serious forecasted of flooding in low lying areas of Delhi. The worst flooding in 32 years is expected to hit the city tomorrow Friday late afternoon.

Also there is a heightened risk of Dengue this season, anyone attending the Commonwealth Games is well advised to seek medical advise re this outbreak.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,078 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel warning Delhi

Prophets of doom????

Delhi is city of more then 16 million people. Nobody has planned to leave i am sure.

deepak

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel warning Delhi

When did the Met deptt become so good? Why weren't they able to predict the 26th July deluge in Mumbai, I wonder?

3. Re: Travel warning Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 16:03
Edited: 30 September 2010, 16:03
4. Re: Travel warning Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 16:03
London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,873 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel warning Delhi

Well, there aren't likely to be many people on the Goa forum who are going to be arriving in Delhi in the next few days, I shouldn't think!

Jaipur, Rajasthan
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel warning Delhi

Mate grow up...where are you getting these "inside informations " There is no such threat of floods in delhi. And as rightly pointed out by others, you are trying to create unnecessary panic amongst fellow travelers by writing these unconfirmed news. Little discretion is always advised on public forums.

The medical situation is perfectly under control in Delhi and other parts. Few cases will always be there when such a large population is involved.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel warning Delhi

to india-travel.......... whats up with current useful and true information..........which if any of my facts are not true.

if I was due to be travelling, I would want current factual information.......... or are the Indian tv channels telling lies about tomorrows forecast.

Edited: 09 September 2010, 11:38
Goa, India
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel warning Delhi

to pathynfinder, switch on any tv channel and you will see that they have forecast the highest levels of water on the river for over 32 years and that floods are expect anytime between 5pm tomorrow and midnight, in low lying areas of Delhi

Ifs this is not current travel information I don't know what is.

Edited: 09 September 2010, 11:48
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel warning Delhi

If doomsayers are to be belived, the world will come to an end in 2012..... at that time you'll neither be safe in Scotland nor in Goa or for that matter anywhere. Then what will you do dear ?

In heavy rains waterlogging in low lying areas is a problem, rest all is OK.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel warning Delhi

I think you are all being very harsh and unbelievably rude. I believe Scotingoa was merely trying to be helpful and warn people who are due to be travelling through this area. I don't believe he was trying to 'scaremonger'.