We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas decorations?

Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
Christmas decorations?

Arriving in on 23 Dec,,will it be possible to buy decorations in Goa (Arpora) to create more atmosphere in apt? We will be in Delhi for 4 days before 23rd, are there likely to be Christmas decorations for sale there?

Many thanks

Reigate, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas decorations?

Don't know about Christmas decorations as such in Delhi, but there is an area in old Delhi market (Chowdri Chowk area) which is dedicated to selling tinsel!

Edited: 23 October 2010, 09:56
Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas decorations?

I would try to buy what you can in Dehli, rather than leaving it to the last minute in Goa. I'm sure you'll be able to get whatever you need in Dehli - they sell everything under the sun there!

Ho ho ho!

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas decorations?

There used to be a shop near the White House in Calangute that sold wooden and paper Mache Christmas decorations, you normally get the tree and lights out here but not the bits and bobs on it

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas decorations?

The last few years there have been a couple of shops open in Panjim on 18 June road that sell everything you need for xmas.From xmas trees,lights decorations etc.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,814 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas decorations?

I'm gonna take some tinsel and decorate our room with it lol ;-) First Christmas away ever!!!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
887 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas decorations?

I know there's a little shop just before the carvery in beach road candolim he has xmas tree decorations hanging up outside his shop...

We got xmas lights and paper stars you put a light inside and hang them up at mapusa market..

Level Contributor
4,550 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas decorations?

We always takea few decors,. santa hatsand ofcourse Xmascards from family withus to add to the xmas spirit Alsomy birthday cards i take, and some blue tack and i stick them on the walls! The room guyshave fun looking at them and last year i got one from them, and he tied ballons and tinsel on thefan for my birthday, so they spun round with the fan--nice gesture.Oh i luv being away at chrimbo in the sunshine l.O.L Now i am getting too excited!!!!!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas decorations?

I bought my fairy lights and extention lead so I could put them on the balcony, from an electrical shop to the right of the big white church in Panjim but there are lots of places to buy them. There was a shop in Calengute opposite the Hindu temple that sold a variety of Christmas decorations. The card shop a little further along had them also and I got a small pre decorated tree from a shop in Panjim on the same square as the church.

9. Re: Christmas decorations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 05:15
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now