We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users - 2010/2011 Season

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi all. We had a thread running last season with a similar title, and it got up to 44 Pages/433 Posts (see - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k3243106-Nice_To_Meet_Other_T_A_Goa_Forum_Users_In_Person-Goa.html), and succeeded in bringing together in person many, many Trip Advisor Goa Users, who would not normally have met up. A number of people have asked if we are going to do it this season, so if anybody is interested, here goes…………… Apart from people regularly meeting up week to week, there were a number of successful T/A Meets that came out of this.

Last year I personally met:

Sylv8

RedNoseBlueNose

STALEX

GoaGirl

Dragon07

Weloutofit

TriumphNed

SmartyPants

Shiney

LancashireJane

Rita

Thornhill Lass

Olga1

Yorkieborn

JulieSmith

MzunguMzeesana

MamaMzee

PlWitsend

Mollycat56

SanSana

Chilly & Mike

Jeera27

Mel312

Monkey

SisterSuzie

Badgerlad & The Moosis

Jack1542000

Itchyfeet

NorthWalesNorman

Goa Happy Days

ChelseaWolves

Stoney

TowerPower1953

Leeds4Ever

DagenhamKal

Dragonfli

ElephantLover

BlackCatGlasgow

Browsers Penny & Barry

Jaybird

Browser Ally

Browsers June & Billy

GoanBeauty

SilverFox

MadamMadam

SylvieBabe

LoopyLee

Verda

MDecky

SBR Goa

ScouseMat

Browser Julian

Sakikaki

Taffy2SouthWales

LondonYvette

Buncy77

Browser Liz

Browsers Paul & Lisa

The Foxes

Debs29

Sharkey7

CoughCandy

Browser Sue

MG23

Bindoobaba

SingleDingle

Danny Pipeman

Browsers Allan & Jackie

Trimarond

Mick5898

Kezbo

JaneyWhit

Dalgleish

Brother George

GoaDreamer

Dadabon

Diamond15

Julie798

Whatanotherholiday

Lindalin3

BarbieJane’s Friends

Robert & Ruth

Jimmy & Francis

Meercat

AZZ1951

Browsers Mandy & Leighton

Wendyed

Kezibean

Boo5

BrowserJaney

PaulBTB

DebiC

Jimbowolf

FG33

DollyDesai1231

Shelley584

Radiohead

Jenjen31B

Stepsahead

Okitsme

Kevin1841

Becspan

Harry3534

OxfordAnne

Cazzi-Ann

Logan

Blue

Debbie & Peter

Keith & Sue

DramaQueen

And………….. many, many more who I was unable to get to, to get names, whilst I was singing. Sorry! And, Sooooo many ‘Browsers’ of the Forum, who read the posts, just so many. Plus, loads of people from ‘HT’ as well. The list is in no particular order, just the approx timeframe that I met people thro’ the season. And….. each of these had OH’s, Family, and lots of friends too, sometimes many – i.e. Bindoobaba, with a retinue of about 16! Sorry if I’ve missed your name, or mis-spelt it. You’ll just have to come again this season and put me right!

I do hope that we meet many again this season, and that we have lots of fun once again. It was really good fun last season.

See you very soon.

Blues xxxx

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi - Sorry for no replies from me. We've been having lots of elec and connection problems here. Every time I log on, I get cut off, or can't log on at all.

I'll draft a reply and send it asap, connection permitting. In the meantime, thanks for the response, it's great to hear from you all.

This weekend - Saturday at POCO LOCO at Baga Creek, and Sunday at JAMBALAYA at Candolim.

Hope to see a few.

Blues xxxx

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Rubymurray -

Every Friday at HACIENDA DE GOA, Anjuna, from 12/11.

Every Saturday at POCO LOCO in Baga Creek, from 6/11.

Every Sunday at JAMBALAYA in Candolim, from either 7/11.

Every Tuesday at CALAMARI BEACH SHACK in Candolim/Sinquerim, from 9/11.

Xmas Eve at Hacienda De Goa,

New Years Eve and Valentines Night to be confirmed. Other dates will follow.

Blues xxxx

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi All

To everyone – I hope that we’ll be able to meet up sometime this season. Great to hear from you all. I’m astounded!

Dagkal – Thanks. Yes, no Hidden Agenda’s – What you see is what you get. See you very soon.

Scousemat – ‘Nodding Acquaintances’ eh? I did actually write your name in my diary? I knew that you’d been in. Was it Feb 3rd?

Smudger/TonyM – You should speak to TowerPower! He usually sends up a list of very ‘way out’ stuff. LOL! Great guy. Or, Debs29, who asks for Donny Osmond! PMSL!

Nug1 – I’m at JAMBALAYA in Candolim this Sunday eve.

Itcyfeet – Maybe next season. I remember a late night at Happy Days…………

RedandBlueNose – Who posted? The good looking, shapely blonde, or the big bald one? LMAO!! Xx

Jack1542000 – Good luck with the visa this season. It’ll be great to see you.

Runtiger – Yes, I remember that you had to change your plans very late. I hope that all goes well this season, and that we meet up.

Gemma – Will we eventually meet? How’s the weather? LOL!

Shiney/Smartypants – Jambalaya this Sunday?

ElephantLover – The lovely Jane. No, I never did recover my mic from the police. I believe that they have a collection of them!! What you also don’t know is that I tumbled, face first, down a large fight of stone/tiled steps in Spain on Sept 13th! I severed thro’ my lip, which was hanging off, pushed back and twisted some of my teeth, and suffered various cuts, lots of bruises, and abrasions. I thought that I’d caved in half my face and nose at first, but, miraculously, no breaks – I don’t know how? They stitched up my lip (no anaesthetic!), but the dentist would not re-adjust my teeth, ‘cos he found a hairline fracture in my upper jaw, so…………. I re-adjusted the teeth myself (really, I did!), and then got the dentist to file away the bottom of my front tooth to make it sort of fit again. I’m still my handsome self though!! PMSL! However, I still don’t have full use of my left arm, which still has a lot of pain. No doubt it’ll come back eventually. The X-Rays did show up three broken ribs – but these were old injuries – from the Goa season before last (before you knew me), when I came off my scooter in Calangute High Street! Like you once said Jane, ‘Life is never boring………’ See you and peter very soon. Xx

Yesterday we had a very nice day at Ashwem, and a lovely meal, and last night I Jammed at Janet & John’s at Anjuna Beach. Great fun! Carlos on Drums, Shane on Lead Guitar, Mark on Bass, Xavier on Keyboards, and Noel on guitar – all Goan musician friends of mine – and me on vocals.

Tonight Mr & Mrs Blues are with Mr & Mrs Welloutofit at the re-opening of Kalinga restaurant in Candolim. One of our favourites. Then across to Stonehouse to see blues mad Chris and jam with some friends there.

Tomorrow night – Saturday 6th Nov – First gig of the season at POCO LOCO at Baga Creek.

Sunday 7th Nov – First gig this season at JAMBALAYA Candolim.

If you are around, it’d be great to see you.

Regards to all.

Blues xxxx

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Blimey Blues, you have been in the wars a lot! You must have used up most of your 9 lives by now lol.

Hope you're soon fully recovered from your accident in Spain and good luck with your first gigs of the season :-)

Edited: 05 November 2010, 13:11
aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Blues I think you will have to find that Sax player and tell him to take the pins out of your doll. If your dtill having problems have you arm looked at while your over there (MRI) I have heard it is quite reasonable.

Ashton in...
Level Contributor
206 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi Blues. We missed you last time (April) on our first visit to Goa as you'd b******d off to Spain a few days earlier (something we said?) Anyway, you were incredibly helpful to us total strangers, sending us a long list of live music venues which made our holiday go with a swing and made certain that the OH didn't die of grumpiness (murdered by me) due to his guitar-withdrawal. We travel on 11th January for 2 weeks - I'm so envious of all these long-stayers, but we just can't do it. Maybe one day, if the retirement age doesn't keep growing further and further away from us...

Don't think we'll make the Calamari on the first Tuesday as we only arrive about midnight, so it'll probably be the Sunday at Jambalaya before we get to hear you. Can't wait!

Jules

God's County...
Level Contributor
301 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Yehhhhh !!

I made it !

It's like a New Years Honours list !

Glad you're "Back in Town" Blues !

Looking forward to seeing you in January, coming for 3 weeks this season so we'll get to a few gigs.

Happy Hols Everyone

L4E

Marching On Together

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

wow ! even leeds fans go to Goa :) roll on wednesday, looking forward to seeing mr blues :)

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi Gemma - Yeah, my lovely OH keeps telling me that I've used up all my nine lives!!! Oh, and a week ago, we popped in to Stonehouse to see my old friend Pascaol performing, and he dedicated a special song just for me.......... 'Everything Is Broken'!! The rascal! And, he didn't even know by that point about the Spain accident. But............. Gemma............... How is the weather! LOL!

Sylviebabe - PMSL!

Mojoworkin - Yes, I remember. I'm glad that it worked out well, I seem to remember seeing the video's of Sea Breeze? We'll catch up this time. Right now, there's a guitarist here for just 2 days, from Mumbai who linked up with me. I sent him to a couple of places last night, and he kept texting me to tell me what a brilliant time he was having. Great! We may meet up later.

Leeds4ever - Fantastic! See you soon..........................

Smudger - VERY soon!!

We went out last night to the re-opening of Kalinga in Candolim, Me, Mrs Blues. and the Welloutofits. Our fav restaurant, just been re-furbed. The food was FAB! And, they wouldn't charge us for our drinks (lots!) - we have been going there for years. We then went over to Stonehouse and had a few drinks. Chris knocked a BIG chunk off our bill. then insisted on buying us all a drink! A good night out - and Mrs W was driving, so I could freely imbibe!

Tonight, Sat 6/11 - First gig at POCO LOCO at Baga Creek, from 7.00pm ish. Anybody about?

Just off now to see Wilbur, to see if he's fixed my Mini Disc deck.

Tomorrow, Sun 7/11 - JAMBALAYA in Candolim.

Blues xxxx

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Sounds like a great night was had by all blues :-))

The weather in Yorkshire is gorgeous today, we've got blue skies and sunshine and not a cloud in the sky. However, it is only 7 degrees outside so just a bit cooler than Goa lol x