We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users - 2010/2011 Season

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi all. We had a thread running last season with a similar title, and it got up to 44 Pages/433 Posts (see - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k3243106-Nice_To_Meet_Other_T_A_Goa_Forum_Users_In_Person-Goa.html), and succeeded in bringing together in person many, many Trip Advisor Goa Users, who would not normally have met up. A number of people have asked if we are going to do it this season, so if anybody is interested, here goes…………… Apart from people regularly meeting up week to week, there were a number of successful T/A Meets that came out of this.

Last year I personally met:

Sylv8

RedNoseBlueNose

STALEX

GoaGirl

Dragon07

Weloutofit

TriumphNed

SmartyPants

Shiney

LancashireJane

Rita

Thornhill Lass

Olga1

Yorkieborn

JulieSmith

MzunguMzeesana

MamaMzee

PlWitsend

Mollycat56

SanSana

Chilly & Mike

Jeera27

Mel312

Monkey

SisterSuzie

Badgerlad & The Moosis

Jack1542000

Itchyfeet

NorthWalesNorman

Goa Happy Days

ChelseaWolves

Stoney

TowerPower1953

Leeds4Ever

DagenhamKal

Dragonfli

ElephantLover

BlackCatGlasgow

Browsers Penny & Barry

Jaybird

Browser Ally

Browsers June & Billy

GoanBeauty

SilverFox

MadamMadam

SylvieBabe

LoopyLee

Verda

MDecky

SBR Goa

ScouseMat

Browser Julian

Sakikaki

Taffy2SouthWales

LondonYvette

Buncy77

Browser Liz

Browsers Paul & Lisa

The Foxes

Debs29

Sharkey7

CoughCandy

Browser Sue

MG23

Bindoobaba

SingleDingle

Danny Pipeman

Browsers Allan & Jackie

Trimarond

Mick5898

Kezbo

JaneyWhit

Dalgleish

Brother George

GoaDreamer

Dadabon

Diamond15

Julie798

Whatanotherholiday

Lindalin3

BarbieJane’s Friends

Robert & Ruth

Jimmy & Francis

Meercat

AZZ1951

Browsers Mandy & Leighton

Wendyed

Kezibean

Boo5

BrowserJaney

PaulBTB

DebiC

Jimbowolf

FG33

DollyDesai1231

Shelley584

Radiohead

Jenjen31B

Stepsahead

Okitsme

Kevin1841

Becspan

Harry3534

OxfordAnne

Cazzi-Ann

Logan

Blue

Debbie & Peter

Keith & Sue

DramaQueen

And………….. many, many more who I was unable to get to, to get names, whilst I was singing. Sorry! And, Sooooo many ‘Browsers’ of the Forum, who read the posts, just so many. Plus, loads of people from ‘HT’ as well. The list is in no particular order, just the approx timeframe that I met people thro’ the season. And….. each of these had OH’s, Family, and lots of friends too, sometimes many – i.e. Bindoobaba, with a retinue of about 16! Sorry if I’ve missed your name, or mis-spelt it. You’ll just have to come again this season and put me right!

I do hope that we meet many again this season, and that we have lots of fun once again. It was really good fun last season.

See you very soon.

Blues xxxx

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi Blues, great to see this thread back again and thanks for the mention.

We'll be there for 3 weeks from 4 Feb and staying in Candolim this time so will give the Calamari a whirl as well as Jambalaya.

Stay safe this year, sounds like you've had more than your fair share of mishaps!

manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi everyone,who's going from 9/1/11,canadalim our first time,stayin santa aldea or something like that anyway

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi - We went to the beach today at Candolim, and to see lots of friends who have arrived over the last week. Lovely, sunny day, we layed out all day, swam in the sea, went for a walk along the beach, had breakfast and a late lunch. We saw loads of old friends.

Now 6.40pm, dark, more overcast, and thunder rumbling somewhere near. The forecast is for poss rain tonight.

I was supposed to go to Anjuna Market this afternoon, to jam with some friends at Sea Breeze, and Cafe Looda, but stayed on the beach 'cos we were enjoying it so much. I may go over to Cafe Looda later. Also, some friends are playing in Molly Malones in Calangute tonight and have invited me over to jam in with them. We'll see - I'm feeling very comfortable at home at the mo. I know, not like me!!

We woke up Mrs 'Welloutofit' this morning, and she had to get out of bed for us to sing 'Happy Birthday' to her, and give her a card/presents etc. LOL!

Jaybird - Great! It will be a pleasure to see you and Ally again.

Blues xxxx

Edited: 10 November 2010, 13:18
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

We will see you Tuesday 23rd at Calamari, arrive 21st but not until 22:30, so will be too late for Jambalaya. Could not agree with you more about DRAGON, he made us so welcome at Jambalaya last year and also Chris from the Stone House, he sent the waiter over with free drinks last year, because we were enjoying the music so much. I agree about Calamari, we had a lovely meal there last year, sitting overlooking the sea and the music will make it even better.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Patsykona, when you arrive in December get yourself over to Jambalaya on a Sunday evening. Bluesmania does every Sunday and it's also a meeting place for TA'ers so you'll be able to put a face to some of the names that appear on here, it's a good and relaxing night.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi Blues - I usually dip into the Goa Forum before we leave for our 3 month’s stay in India each year. We stay in Mandrem Beach and love Loekie’s Café in Arambol for their live music sessions. Would love to hear you play, do you ever get to Mandrem or Arambol, if not we’ll have to have an evening in Candolim one Sunday. I’m curious, how do you pick out TA users – do we have a look about us – super attractive and intelligent maybe!!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Janpet, Blues usually browses around Jambalaya from table to table asking people or they make themselves known to him, but you'll recognise me I'll be sat in the corner with a red rose in my lapel and a copy of the times under my arm LOL.

aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Bindoobaba also has the biggest group/hareem so you will not fail to see him he's the one in the middle. lol

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

LOL cheers Sylviebabe, I guess I'm just a popular guy lol.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

yes i might just do that Bindoobaba. will you be there too? do you always wear your scarf??