We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users - 2010/2011 Season

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi all. We had a thread running last season with a similar title, and it got up to 44 Pages/433 Posts (see - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k3243106-Nice_To_Meet_Other_T_A_Goa_Forum_Users_In_Person-Goa.html), and succeeded in bringing together in person many, many Trip Advisor Goa Users, who would not normally have met up. A number of people have asked if we are going to do it this season, so if anybody is interested, here goes…………… Apart from people regularly meeting up week to week, there were a number of successful T/A Meets that came out of this.

Last year I personally met:

Sylv8

RedNoseBlueNose

STALEX

GoaGirl

Dragon07

Weloutofit

TriumphNed

SmartyPants

Shiney

LancashireJane

Rita

Thornhill Lass

Olga1

Yorkieborn

JulieSmith

MzunguMzeesana

MamaMzee

PlWitsend

Mollycat56

SanSana

Chilly & Mike

Jeera27

Mel312

Monkey

SisterSuzie

Badgerlad & The Moosis

Jack1542000

Itchyfeet

NorthWalesNorman

Goa Happy Days

ChelseaWolves

Stoney

TowerPower1953

Leeds4Ever

DagenhamKal

Dragonfli

ElephantLover

BlackCatGlasgow

Browsers Penny & Barry

Jaybird

Browser Ally

Browsers June & Billy

GoanBeauty

SilverFox

MadamMadam

SylvieBabe

LoopyLee

Verda

MDecky

SBR Goa

ScouseMat

Browser Julian

Sakikaki

Taffy2SouthWales

LondonYvette

Buncy77

Browser Liz

Browsers Paul & Lisa

The Foxes

Debs29

Sharkey7

CoughCandy

Browser Sue

MG23

Bindoobaba

SingleDingle

Danny Pipeman

Browsers Allan & Jackie

Trimarond

Mick5898

Kezbo

JaneyWhit

Dalgleish

Brother George

GoaDreamer

Dadabon

Diamond15

Julie798

Whatanotherholiday

Lindalin3

BarbieJane’s Friends

Robert & Ruth

Jimmy & Francis

Meercat

AZZ1951

Browsers Mandy & Leighton

Wendyed

Kezibean

Boo5

BrowserJaney

PaulBTB

DebiC

Jimbowolf

FG33

DollyDesai1231

Shelley584

Radiohead

Jenjen31B

Stepsahead

Okitsme

Kevin1841

Becspan

Harry3534

OxfordAnne

Cazzi-Ann

Logan

Blue

Debbie & Peter

Keith & Sue

DramaQueen

And………….. many, many more who I was unable to get to, to get names, whilst I was singing. Sorry! And, Sooooo many ‘Browsers’ of the Forum, who read the posts, just so many. Plus, loads of people from ‘HT’ as well. The list is in no particular order, just the approx timeframe that I met people thro’ the season. And….. each of these had OH’s, Family, and lots of friends too, sometimes many – i.e. Bindoobaba, with a retinue of about 16! Sorry if I’ve missed your name, or mis-spelt it. You’ll just have to come again this season and put me right!

I do hope that we meet many again this season, and that we have lots of fun once again. It was really good fun last season.

See you very soon.

Blues xxxx

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Wednesday 10th Nov - In the evening I drove over to Anjuna Market (after it had finished) to see some musician friends, after spending the day on the beach.

Sea Breeze had finished the music etc, but I met up with Herman (Guitar), Louise (Vocals), Phillip (Bass), Lester Rozario (Drums), Noel (Guitar), Peter (Guitar), and one or two others. I know that some of you know them, and have even jammed with them. The owners were offering me drinks etc, but I declined and wandered over to Cafe Looda.

At Cafe Looda, Madan was doing the sound as usual (I even bumped into him at Parra this morning), and on stage were Elvis Lobo (Guitar), Joe (Bass), Shayne (Guitar), Samir (Keys), and a drummer I didn't know. They were really good. Excellent! Elvis is playing his socks off this season. I jammed with him last Monday and it was soooo good! Also there was Nellie (Jazz Vocalist), and a bunch of very good jazz musicians. Elvis did ask me to Jam in with them, but I had to leave, because I'd promised some friends that I would go and hear them play at Molly Malone's in Calangute.

Molly Malone's was not very busy, but then neither had been Cafe Looda. On stage was Madeleine (Guitar & Vocals), Carlos (Drums), and a very old friend Colin D'Cruz (Bass). I only caught the last 40 minutes, but I enjoyed it allot. Colin was playing Bass like a lead guitar, Madeleine has a sweet voice, and Carlos is always good. They were calling for me to join them on stage, but again I declined, as I wanted to hear Madeleine performing, and, really, I have just been singing every day. I met Madeleine (who is from Australia) last week at Janet & John's Jam, and she came along to CALAMARI on Tuesday and did some harmonies with me, She has promised to bring her guitar next week.

I was still home by midnight last night, but it had started raining lightly, and there was thunder and lighning rolling around. By 1.00am there was a full blown storm raging, however, it's been very hot and sunny all morning today - now almost 3.00pm - so, fingers crossed!!!

Out for a Lobster Celebration meal tonight with friends - Yumyumyummyumyum!!

Tomorrow night - Friday 12th Nov - My first night at HACIENDA DE GOA in Anjuna. Anyone about?

patsykona - Bindoobaba wears nothing else BUT his scarf!! PMSL!

janpet - You'll just have to come to find out........................... LOL!

See you soon.

Blues xxxx

Edited: 11 November 2010, 09:32
Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

By the way - For those of you who know Herman & Louise - They got married recently!! So, congratulate them if you see them.

Blues xxxx

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Patsykona, fraid I won't be there then, I don't go till February. Take no notice of that Bluesmania chap, I only wear the scarf when I need too (and my hat) LOL.

If you do make your way to Jambalaya, Bluesmania does take requests, though he didn't take my request because he was back at Jambalaya the following week! ! ! LOL.

blackburn
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
84. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

hi blues see you a week on sunday met you last year we where with red and blue nose and stalx top night see you soon

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Bindoobaba - I know that you sometimes get a bit chilly around the 'nether regions'!! LOL!

andybluer - Hi! Yes, that was a good crowd that night, last season, it was fun! Hope to see you soon.

Calangute High Street yesterday (Thurs 11/11) was absolutely 'Chock-a-block' with vehicles, and so many 'out-of-state' vehicles. all trying to jump the queues and making the jam even worse, as usual.

We celebrated Mrs Welloutofit's birthday last night with a wonderful Lobster meal at Kim Faa chinese restaurant in Baga Road. It was wonderful! Good food, great company, and excellent service. A really good evening. Mrs 'W' is also having a 'Birthday Bash' at JAMBALAYA in Candolim on Sunday (14th Nov), so if any T/A'ers are about...............................?

Hope to see a few at HACIENDA DE GOA in Anjuna tonight. I know that 'ChilliandMike', the 'Welloutofits', 'Mrs Blues', and 'Stuart' are coming along. Anyone else?

To all those almost here - See you soon. To all those coming after - See you later.

Blues xxxx

Edited: 12 November 2010, 06:11
cheshire
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
86. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hi Andybluer & Family, we are not going til March, shame we won't see you this time, had a great night with you all. Hope you have a brilliant holiday we are soooo jealous xxx

blackburn
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
87. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

hi nice to here from you not long for us now ye it was a good night we our a party of ten this time you never know we might just have to go again in march i wish regards andy

liverpool
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

Hey Blues,

You look a bit like eric clapton or should that be clapped out in those videos,

lol.

were coming over in jan, can't wait to sample some good gigs.

see u then

bazzer

St.Annes, Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
Save Reply
89. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

And look who is back after his short time in the TA wilderness!!!

Welcome back Bluesmania and please post something so everyone knows you are really back!!!!!

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Nice To Meet Other T/A Goa Forum Users – 2010/2011 Season

This is good news, keep up the good work Bluesmania. :)) Gel

Get answers to your questions about Goa