We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa help

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visa help

Hi

I have just done our visa's but I struggled when in came to my husbands as he has a spanish passpor,t which means he has his fathers and his mothers surname that is what is on his passport when I put in two surnames it would not allow me to do it so I only used one his fathers do you know if they will accept this.

Can I go back in and alter the visa details to try and put the 2nd surname in.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa help

Did you hyphonate the names or can you put the first surname in the space for a second name. As long as you have the reference number you should be able to go back in and amend things.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa help

How do you get back in

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa help

You must put the name what's in the passport. It will take two names as I have two surnames, don't put any hyphons between the names just put a space between.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa help

Did you take a note of the web ref number?

If so you can modify it here https:/…Index.aspx

Good Luck

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa help

I have got in however, it say's please enter valid last name it's driving me insane.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa help

valid last name will be the name you put in ( fathers surname??)

It can be frustrating....when are you travelling?? I am not sure how long the applications stay on line for but another option is to down load the form and fill it in by hand although I am unsure if this causes any problems with VFS if they receive a hand written one when that particular passport has a web application live too. If you have the time to wait a day or two...Meerkat is usually on here pretty regular and she has a load of knowledge re the visa and is always very helpful.

Good Luck

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa help

Hi

I have put the both surnames down with no spaces I have been doing this for 5 hours Goa better be worth it we are not going till January 22nd if they do not except this do you have to pay again to apply.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa help

Have you already paid on line? If not it might be just easier to download the forms and fill them in by hand - though there's not an awful lot of space on the handwritten forms.

Goa will be worth it when you get there - good luck!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa help

Hi Golden Girl.... Have managed to complete it fully and have you made the payment? Just a thought if your applying in the UK and your husband has spanish passport have you made sure you have the the necessary documentation for none british passports?.

Sometimes its better rather than to keep struggling to leave it for a white and go back to it with a fresh head!!! You will get there in the end ...And Goa is worth it

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa help

I phoned their premium number and they informed me that I could put the 2 surnames together without a space so I have done that I hope this can help somebody else.

Thank you all for you help.