We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Devon
Level Contributor
346 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Hi

We dont go until 7th Jan, but my passport has run out. I have sent off for this today and have been told if theres no problems ie. they dont think I have changed that much in 10 years and so dont want a counter signatory, I should have it back in at least 2 weeks. As soon as I get it back I shall be sending off for the visa. How long is it taking for the visas to get back ??? I am sure I have enough time, last time we went I had them back in 10 days I sent them recorded delivery and put he recorded delivery envelopefor return. Unless that is anyone has a better idea ???

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,607 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Tippie, you need to send them special delivery rather than recorded delivery. They seem to be taking about 2 weeks at the moment. I sent ours off 10 days ago and am hoping they'll be back by the end of the week though we don't go until the end of January so there's plenty of time yet.

essex
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Hi Tippie, Got ours back today - total 13 days Lx

Devon
Level Contributor
346 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Thanks thats made me feel a bit better. And I did mean recorded delivery lol

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Tippie you need to get Recorded Delivery out of your head lol...read your last post :))

Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Officially, they need 10 days to process a postal application NOT COUNTING the transit in post time. Also, beware of Consular (Indian) Holidays. In practice, the time is usually much less.

If all else fails, you can take the passports to 60-62 Wilton Road, Victoria, London SW1V 1DE. Make an on-line appointment first, get there early, submit pics and completed visa app forms and then pay for the premium service to have them returned. I did this fairly recently and the passports were returned in 48 hours. http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk

I'm not suggesting this as the ideal solution, but it does work in emergencies.

Bona fide tourists with Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand and Singapore nationalities ONLY, can now get visas on arrival at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata only.

Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Please note that the rules regarding application forms changed very recently. I learn that all forms now need to be filled in on line, but that personal applications are still accepted.

Edited: 24 November 2010, 08:11
aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Tippie my sister had her passport back. bearing in mind she lost her first one in less than a week. I hope you have the same luck.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Tippie, I sent mine on 8th Nov and got them back on 17th Nov, I used Special Delivery Envelopes NOT recorded delivery.

Devon
Level Contributor
346 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

Thanks everyone.... my OH is going nuts cause he thought I had sent it weeks ago....maybe I led him to think this by picking up the completed forms and pics and putting them in my bag..... but then I forgot about it !!!!! I'm only going to get panic striken if they send it back saying they need a counter signatory then I'll have to do that then send it back again...... but to be honest who actually still looks like they did 10 years ago ????? Ok I guess thats just me who doenst then......lol

10. Re: Just a little question about Visa's...... honest !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2011, 05:19