We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa - Extremely Worried

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
428 reviews
Save Topic
Visa - Extremely Worried

We are travelling to Goa as a party of 5 on the 18th December - 4 family members and a singleton male. Our family has got the visas back but the singleton member of the party still has not. He applied online on the 21st November, posted on the 22nd and we have Royal Mail POD first thing on the 23rd November. The worrying thing is that although they have taken payment and that looks ok, we cannot track it online. If we key in the passport no, name and dob it just says record not found. I have now made 4 calls on his behalf to VFS and they are of little help, just saying that their system can take up to 15 days to update..... They cant track by passport no or the Royal Mail number and unfortunately he hasnt noted down the web reference number. They have said several times that they're sure we;ll get the passport back by the travel date but I cant see how they can know that bearing in mind they dont seem able to tell me they know for sure that they have it. Do you think we should alert the police/passport office that it may have been lost and start proceedings for a new passport etc or sit it out? Has anyone else had this experience with them?

thanks

Alison

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa - Extremely Worried

15 days t update, my god what a mickey mouse outfit VFS are....

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa - Extremely Worried

Ours took 3 weeks from posting and I could not track until it had actually been received by us! Presume you have tried contacting/tracking Royal Mail with the recorded delivery number you should have for the return envelope?

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa - Extremely Worried

Don't fret too much. They had mine for 18 days before I could actually track it, prior to that it was "no record found". I received mine yesterday after 24 days. It will be processed in due course but you could always send them an e-mail like it did. The funny thing was that it suddenly showed up as being processed after I received their reply the next day.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa - Extremely Worried

That would have been "Basil" updating the system stalex, like he was supposed to do at the weekend LOL.

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa - Extremely Worried

Yes. I can see they have taken payment on my bank statement and i can track to them via Royal Mail and see it was signed for at 746 am on the 23rd November. After that it disappears into the black hole that is Hayes!!!

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa - Extremely Worried

Stalex, was that 24 days from the day you posted or the day they received? I am very concerned that we're not going to get it in time..... I will try the email magic.

Nairn, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa - Extremely Worried

have had same problem not been able to track mine. I emailed them and got a reply today, checked again and now it 's on the system saying "scan" my husbands is still not showing, yet they were in the same envelope! Mine were received by them on the 25th November.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa - Extremely Worried

Its was 24 days from confirmation of delivery to VFS Hayes processing centre. Lol at cyberhippie!!!!

redditch
Level Contributor
214 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa - Extremely Worried

hi there,

i posted mine and they recieved it the 22/11/10, ive just spoken to them on the phone as i can get any joy when tracking online and he told me they hadnt been posted yet to get stamped and to expect them in 10/14 days.

This is unusual to have to wait more than 2to 3 weeks as we can normally trace them after ten days,but i wouldnt worry,im sure it will be on time for you.

I know its expensive to keep phoning them but keep doing so and keep stressing that youve had the others,goodluck.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa - Extremely Worried

I wouldn't phone them on the premium rate at 95p a minute!!