We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palolem - diving??

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Palolem - diving??

Hi

I'm currently in Palolem and wondered if anyone can give any advice about scuba diving.

Are there any reputable places in Palolem? or elsewhere in Goa?

Thanks

Mumbai
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Palolem - diving??

Gabor Toth

Scuba diving instructor

gabor@gaborandkriszta.com

.. dreamz diving . cant seem to find his cell number. Said he was planning to start in Palolem

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
555 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palolem - diving??

Remarkable what Google can do!

http://www.dreamzdiving.com/contactus.html

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palolem - diving??

I think you have to travel quite a long way south though from Palolem before the viz gets anything like worth diving in. Otherwise its hard to see your hand in front of your face. :) The one drawback of Goa....

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palolem - diving??

I agree with the previous poster. I tried out my gogglesand flippers one year. Couldn't see a thing and banged into a rock!

Durham
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palolem - diving??

Yep, as the other posters say, not worth the expense of diving, not much to see even if you do achieve visability of more than a couple of metres.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
99 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palolem - diving??

I went diving few years ago with the outfit based in Baga - German couple - v nice. Think they have moved on now.

Vis was terrible and this was several hours off shore. Bumped into some very red coral and a rock fish. I love diving - but its really not worth it off Goa.

I bought a kite instead :-)

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Palolem - diving??

Thank you all for the replies. I hadn't even thought about the visibility issue, but now you mention it it's not like you can see your hands let alone your feet!!

Nessa

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palolem - diving??

Hi all,

diving in Goa is possible, but Karnataka is an experience that worth it. If you have any questions about diving in Goa or Karnataka, in the middle of Palolem beach there is my "office" - a table, chair and umbrella - I belong to DREAMZDIVING and I can tell you all the informations. Its in front of place called Neptun point and my name is Sarka. I can also show you pictures from Karnataka. So please, come and ask.

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Palolem - diving??

I thouhgt I'd update you to say that I spoke to theguys at dreamzdiving and got my open water certification by doing the confined waterpart in palolem and then diving at Netrani in Kanataka.

The visibility was really good and it was a fantastic experience. Well worth the travel time.

Nessa

10. Re: Palolem - diving??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 06:21