We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LondonGel - having a good time

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
LondonGel - having a good time

LondonGel phoned me today for a gossip. They are having a great time in Betalbatim, having headed up north at the weekend for the shopping frenzy of Calangute (where she got me a few bags!) & a trip to an optician there.

She said it seems quieter there than usual and the tourist trade people are blaming the visa situation. However, every year the tourist traders all bemoan the fact that it is quiet and all seem to offer up some reasons why - in fact, I don't recall any of them ever saying it was busy or business was good (other than the larger than life Edwin who runs the Goan Village & Sao Domingo's, but that man was born a happy optimist!).

Edited: 14 December 2010, 22:01
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LondonGel - having a good time

Glad to hear that LondonGel is having a great time and hope she's left a few handbags for the rest of us lol.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LondonGel - having a good time

And I have just sorted out my flight about 10 minutes with Air India (eventually, I got through to the best person in their call centre!!) and will be on my way on Saturday afternoon, ready to check out my 2 handbags on Sunday afternoon! Yippee

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,350 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LondonGel - having a good time

Thats good news for you londonraffles. Air India is a pathetic airline, and you will find many Indians (myself included) are often terrified of flying in their National carrier. But sometimes they do have the only available connection and bargain prices, so it becomes a necessary evil. Hope you have a good flight.

aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LondonGel - having a good time

excellant news londonraffles, I am pleased you got what youwanted in the end.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LondonGel - having a good time

Great news Londonraffles, I am so pleased that it's worked out eventually, however I for one won't risk using Southall again for my flights from now on I will book direct with the Airline ( think we will try to avoid Air India too).

6. Re: LondonGel - having a good time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 06:16