We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Stockport UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

Applied and got our visas returned to us last month. Thought all was well until my husband decided to check our documents (getting ready for our trip to Goa in Jan). He was horrified to find that although his visa was attached to his passport, it hadn't been signed by a visa officer or stamped with the issuing IHC office seal which is normally found on the bottom right of the visa.

He tried to speak to somone at VFS using the customer service number but this always went to voicemail. Ringing the Jain Community Center in Manchester was also no use as the phone just kept ringing (Grrrr). He emailed VFS at Hayes and eventually got a response back today. The passport had to be sent back to VFS at Hayes with a covering letter to be then sent on to the IHC for signing and stamping. We also had to supply 2 SDE's at our own expense. Hopefully he will get his visa back in time for our trip but I don't know how long it will be before VFS will open our post to deal with it.

If this had been his first visa, he wouldn't have known that it had to be signed and stamped and may have been denied boarding at Manchester or even worse be sent back on arrival at Dabolim.

So, please everyone if you haven't done so already,please check that your visas have been signed and stamped with the official seal.

Happy holidays!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
417 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

Good point. I always check anyway, but worth reminding people. I just wish I had my passport back to be able to check! How long did yours take?

Stockport UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

Hi, We applied originally in October and the passports took about 10 days to come back. Don't know what the current turnaround is. Hope it's fast as returned before Christmas would be great (Well, I live in hope!!)

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

Phew! I just ran upstairs to check mine - all present and correct I'm happy to say. Thanks for the heads up and I hope you get yours back in plenty of time.

lancs
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

Panic stations ! but ditto as jaybird

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,660 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

Checked mine again to be on the safe side both are stamped and 'signed' though it's more like a squiggle. Interestingly only mine is stamped to say there has to be 2 months between return visits - my partner's isn't.

kent
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

Hi are you trying to make us all loose weight by running upstairs!!!! checked mine all ok.

grimsby
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

OMG -just checked mine, stamped but no signature. My husbands is ok. What do i do now? I have got 3 previous vusa's in passport perhaps i will be ok.

Godam it

Jules

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

Good point, AlwaysSeeking.

I do check my visa to make sure my passport number is correct, that they've spelled my name right, that it's valid for 6 months - but I've never thought of checking to see if it was signed & stamped.

I can remember someone (maybe Candolim Imp?) who had her OH's visa in her passport & vice versa one year.

They had to get a letter from HCI and had a bit of a 'squeaky bum' time in immigration whilst they decided whether to let them in or not (they did).

Does anyone else remember someone posting a few years ago that she had a total stanger's visa in her passport?

She was trying to locate them.

On this subject of visas, I read this on Holidaytruths and though it funny (and typical of India):

2 adults apply for their visas and for their 18 month old child.

The adults got 3 month single entry visas, the child got 6 month multiple entry.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

Well pointed out so now I have to wait until I get home tonight to check! Fingers crossed!

essex
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Warning: Check Your Visa Carefully

Just checked. All OK thank goodness. We are going on 15th Jan so would have been a bit tight if anything had been wrong. Lxx