We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visas not rocket science

lichfield
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
visas not rocket science

to all normal browsers of this forum dont let some of the regular posters worry you about the new online visa process,its a breeze! I'm no rocket scientist but if you read through the VFS website beforehand have the relevant info to hand its not that difficult. Some people on here just like to worry others and winge, the same people who droan on about Monarch but still choose to fly with them year in year out!(its usually the larger people)

PS passports x3 sent in post 1st dec returned 16th.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visas not rocket science

Ha ha funny post!

I think getting the Visa was relatively simple too, I used the online service but just made sure I read it a couple of times to make sure I understood everything. I guess some people who are not computer literate would find it difficult though so I do feel for them.

xx

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
982 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: visas not rocket science

Hi

This is partly because the web Visa Application pages are changing day by day at the moment - todays pages are different in many link and information details than when I applied on 14th Dec!

I agree the new procedure is in the main very straightforward, but there are some slight (unstated) gotchas lurking:

They like the signature on the forms to match the passport signature.

You have to be quite careful in describing your occupation, as there are a lot of occupations that require the additional documentation they list - maybe even working voluntarily part-time in a charity shop! Don't go there, keep is simple...

The need for, and whereabouts of, the new Declaration page wasn't totally obvious http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/pdf/Declaration.pdf This seems to be an added VFS disclaimer rather than HCI form.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,019 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visas not rocket science

Not very funny at all Jolene.

rubymurried - How does it feel to be so self righteous? Perhaps you are just having a bad day.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visas not rocket science

I must admit I have to agree with you Igirl. A lot of people got seriously stressed and even upset by this system with the clock ticking down to their departure dates. I did the wife's earlier today and apart from one query I found it very straight forward indeed but I'm not gonna shout it from the roof tops.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visas not rocket science

No you got me wrong Igirl - I found the bit about 'larger people flying with Monarch' funny.

Not the fact that people are having a nightmare with Visa's - because that's not actually funny is it. Like I said, I do feel sorry for them but I agree with rubymurried that it ISNT rocket science, thats all.

Sorry I should have explained what I found funny. x

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,019 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visas not rocket science

Exactly STALEX. I don't have a problem either with the visa process but others do. We are all different and therefore cope in different ways. The forum is here to help people and not to post smug comments.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,019 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visas not rocket science

Wrong Jolene; that part was also not funny. Just rude.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visas not rocket science

No it's not Rocket Science, but then most people aren't scientists and so wouldn't study that.

Try not to be so smug just because you had no problems arise. It is extremely patronising and not in the slightest bit funny.

Peoples hard earned holidays are at stake here, and they haven't made any mistakes on the application at all.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
982 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: visas not rocket science

Hi

This is another bit I've never seen before today:

"Please note if you going for tourism purposes and do not have Indian referees kindly attach a self undertaking that you will book your accommodation/ hotels on arrival in India."

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/touristvisa.html

That is a great (= simplifying) improvement ;-)

But you would think from the navigation info at the top of the page you could find it from the "About Your Visa" link, but that doesn't work....

The web site is still partially broken :-(

Edited: 22 December 2010, 12:34
manchester
Level Contributor
845 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: visas not rocket science

For some people it is rocket science and can cause great stress I am under no illusion that my wife puts up with me because I arrange all the holiday visas, flights, apartment etc as she can not get to grips with all the palaver (her words). On the down side if anything goes wrong I take the blame.Personally I was not offended by the "larger person" quote having been called far worse names than large but hopefully Rubymurried did not mean to be rude.A good point was made by MolesKent "Peoples hard earned holidays are at stake here, and they haven't made any mistakes on the application at all".