We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laptop in cabin luggage

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
laptop in cabin luggage

I'm taking a laptop with me as hand luggage but my host in Agonda has asked me to take an old laptop for him. I could put this in my 'hold' luggage but am unsure as to whether they would allow it and whether it would suffer under any screening process.

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: laptop in cabin luggage

topic should have been 'laptop in hold'?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: laptop in cabin luggage

It certainly won't be damaged by any screening processes. Check with your airline to see whether laptops are allowed in checked luggage - can't think of any good reason why they shouldn't be, but the airline will have the definitive answer.

india
Level Contributor
168 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: laptop in cabin luggage

It might be useful to check the customs allowance for India. One laptop is permissable without paying duty but I'm not sure about two.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: laptop in cabin luggage

I woudnt risk putting a lap top in the hold if you can't take on two as carryon why don't you use the old one while you are there then pass it on?

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: laptop in cabin luggage

Have discovered that you can only take one laptop as cabin luggage and put the other in the hold inside main luggage.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: laptop in cabin luggage

Musico do a search in the Air Travel forum - Stolen from Case - you should really never put valuables in checked luggage. Remember if it goes missing you will need receipts to make a claim.

7. Re: laptop in cabin luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 06:16