We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village Royale Rooms

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Village Royale Rooms

Hi We are staying at the Village Royale in Calungute in March....

And wanted to ask a few questions about our stay..

Does anybody know who has stayed there what the best rooms are is it best to ask for a room near the pool or near the back of the hotel...High or Low level???

Also do we need to take a padlock for the safe if there is one???

Also Santander card is it free withdrawels abroad??? If so whats the criteria to get one??

Is there a fridge in the rooms my travel company say no but the hotel site says yes???(Confliction of info)???

Thanks K

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Village Royale Rooms

Bump *****************

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Village Royale Rooms

prisoner cell block H comes to mind

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Village Royale Rooms

Thanks but that really doesn't answer my questions?? LOL

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Village Royale Rooms

Can't help with the hotel but the Santander card is free withdrawals although the bank you are withdrawing from may make a charge. To get one need to have a minimum monthly amount going into the account I think it's £1000. It the Zero current account

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with travellers cheques you can get replacements if lost or stolen and the same rate as cash for exchanging them.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Village Royale Rooms

Thanks for info!! I think I may go with TC this year as nationwide have started charging!! They just confuse me and dislike them... :-(

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Village Royale Rooms

Stayed there a few years ago. Had ground floor room. No balcony and not very nice. Moved to top floor which was better.

MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
17 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Village Royale Rooms

ALL of the rooms suffer greatly from noise. MAINLY FROM GUESTS WHO GENERALLY ARNT HAVING A GOOD TIME ON HOLIDAY UNLESS THEY ARE SHOUTING AND SCREAMING, ESPECIALLY AT 2am. The stairwells are concrete and echo with a vengeance. High level is better. Cash machines dont charge for withdrawals, Your bank may charge an exchange rate fee..

There are no safes in the rooms

You may have a fridge in your room if you request one. there is a charge.

IF YOU STILL CAN - CHANGE YOUR HOTEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Village Royale Rooms

Thanks annihodz already requested highroom but will ask again and again....

ISHKANDER hi thanks for that we can't change hotels but it says on TC site that fridge would be in the room I have printed it off and will show them..

Where are the safes then??

I saw in another post that building work is being done...What is it???When did you last go?? Getting very apprehensive now so many negative reviews!!???

;-(

Thanks K

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Village Royale Rooms

hi katy we stayed there two years running four years ago.found ok but basic.had same room each year i5 that was ok.safes are in reception area near by.fridge was in room we stayed in.little out from calangute centre and they provide a free mini bus into centre.we are at ticlo this year but a friend is staying at village royale from 1st march.

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Village Royale Rooms

hi katy we stayed there two years running four years ago.found ok but basic.had same room each year i5 that was ok.safes are in reception area near by.fridge was in room we stayed in.little out from calangute centre and they provide a free mini bus into centre.we are at ticlo this year but a friend is staying at village royale from 1st march.