We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Visa

lidyahnathan
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Indian Visa

Ive applied for the indian visa on the 20th Jan to the central postal processing centre in Hayes. I can track the application as being delivered on the 21st however when i try and track it on the vfs site with passport details- it says record not found. Does this mean there is a problem. Or will they only update once they return passports.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Visa

No problem at all in fact its normal. Its been received but they haven't processed it yet which should be the next message you get. I sent off 3, mine took 23 days but the other two only took 7 days.

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Visa

ours shown-not found and two days later we got our visas!

England, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Visa

I am trying to complete the visa application form for India but do not know what they require me to put in for the reference section - it has two spaces, one for an Indian referee and one for a UK - can anyone advise please.

hyde
Level Contributor
344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Visa

For reference, you can put the name of your hotel (when you find one) or the address of the British High Commision in Mumbai.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Visa

As said, you can put the name and address of your hotel for the Indian referee and for your UK referee you can put anybody (preferably a family member or close friend).

England, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Visa

I filled in the online application form and I did it very carefully and checked that I had completed everything HOWEVER, when it converted to PDF and printed out there was an additional section - Section H. It wouldnt let me go back and fill it in and as they state that forms cannot be hand written I do not know what to do. I tried it again for my husbands application and the same thing happened.

Is it OK just to fill that section in by hand? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thankyou

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian Visa

What is the section? As in what questions does it have in it?

I know the Port of Exit doesn't appear on screen, but is there when you print the form out.

England, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian Visa

It is Section H which asks at what address you will be staying at. It didnt ask that question on the form I filled in but it was on the one that printed out.

London
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian Visa

It did require me to fill in but like the port of exit dissappeared on print out - just write in black pen and will be okay.

10. Re: Indian Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 18:19