We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sleeping tablets

Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
sleeping tablets

hi my boyfriend suffers with insomnia from time to time and occasionally takes diazepam off the doctor when it gets too bad. Can u buy these in chemist in calungute when we get there. We normally go to egypt and u can get them there so wondering if the same applies?

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sleeping tablets

yes you can get it in most chemists in goa

aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sleeping tablets

When my hubby was ill he was told to take diazepam. As they are a controlled drug make sure you take your prescription with you for travelling both into India and also for travelling back into Britain Just incase.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sleeping tablets

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Wolf

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sleeping tablets

Looks like the diazepam has kicked in Mr Wolf!

Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sleeping tablets

unfortunately he doesnt have a permanant prescription so can u not just buy a strip or two of them just for while we r in goa incase he cant sleep?

Oldham
Level Contributor
482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sleeping tablets

Valium (diazepam) is not really a sleeping tablet, more of an anti anxiety medication and shouldn`t be used unless prescribed by your GP. My Dr will give me enough for the flight both ways and no more, I would tell him to see his GP to get them rather than trust something you buy over the counter in Goa where there are known fake medicines on sale

cumbria
Level Contributor
341 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sleeping tablets

Hi last year the government clamped down with chemists even closing some down for giving prescription drugs over the counter ie valium,codine,the sleeping tablet is Zopliclone etc, you need a doctors prescription from goa costs about 500rps per item but i suppose there are always around this,some chemists might charge you way over the odds without one, but good chemists wont give you them ,be careful.

Cheers Langtooner

Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: sleeping tablets

hi thanx for your replies.

Feelthevibe-i know these arent sleeping tablets exactly but these are what the doctor prescribes as and when he needs them

langtooner- would he need to go to see a doctor in goa? Where do i get a prescription from? I know that sounds stupid but when we go to egypt they have loads of weird and wonderful ways, and you can just buy things we take for granted,that we have to get off a doctor.

Manchester
Level Contributor
104 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sleeping tablets

Hi

You can by diazepan easily in any chemist in Goa & throughout India

Dont bring any back with you as they are a controlled substance in the UK, and you will get arrested if you get caught with any in the UK without a prescription

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sleeping tablets

The little Chemist in the Lane at the side Of Babutes in Calangute next to the bakery.

Opidem 10 very effective and he is an honest man about 50 rps per strip of 10