We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jurisdiction,does it matter?

Derby
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
jurisdiction,does it matter?

Hey guys,i know its the kind of question that Carrie Bradshaw from sex and the city would ask if Visas and all that jazz were her bag over relationships but honestly for in person applications,does it matter,surely they are all going to the consulate to have the stamp of approval and thats in London.Sallyxx

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jurisdiction,does it matter?

Sally

Sorry.....what exactly is the question?

I'm a little confused here!

Wolf

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jurisdiction,does it matter?

Hi Sally

I think if they were all postal yes they would have London but they are also processed in Birmingham and Edinburgh.

Methinks it's just another confusing question.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jurisdiction,does it matter?

Sally..

I dont think it matters, Didn't you say you were taking your application in person? If this is correct, then they will check everything for you anyway. If you have put London and they think it should be something else,they will just get you to change it whilst you are there!

Hope this helps....

Susie.x

Derby
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jurisdiction,does it matter?

Hi guys,reading that i realise it sounds a bit confusing,i think it was a combination of the late night and pinot! i guess i was a little worried tracking down to london with my application if with Birmingham being my actual Jurisdiction they were potentially not going to accept it but as you say suzie it just means changing the place of jurisdiction on the form.Have decided to play safe by doing another application with Birmingham on it rather than London which i can take to Birmingham later this week.Cheers guys.Sallyxx

Northants
Level Contributor
29 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jurisdiction,does it matter?

Yes it does matter in 2009 I was sent away from Birmingham with quite a few others for being out of the Jurisdication - I live in Northamptonshire so for me Birmingham was much easier than London.

Derby
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jurisdiction,does it matter?

Cheers Suzie,will do that ,trip to London never did anyone any harm!Sallyxx

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,998 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jurisdiction,does it matter?

Sally

if you put 'Derbyshire' in the 'jurisdiction' box on the VFS website, it gives you these options:

Birmingham

Manchester

Victoria, London

Goswell Road, London

Hayes

so take your pick - and GOOD LUCK.

As HolidayHeburn says, if you put in 'any other county' (as Northamptonshire is not on the list), it gives the option of:

Victoria, London

Goswell Road, London

Hayes

Cardiff

so I can understand why her application wasn't accepted at Birmingham.

Hope you enjoyed the Pinot.

8. Re: jurisdiction,does it matter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 06:18