We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

Just returned from Goa and once again got a fabulous deal on specs from Venu the optician at Eye Needs. Venu previously worked at his brother shop eye site at the Magnum and has now opened his own shop. He is excellent at what he does and much more interested in getting it right for his customer, unlike his brother Eye Site beach road candolim, who is very rude and abrubt.

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

Hi

I hope that this is a genuine post as a First time poster praising one business and slagging off another can sometimes be a bit iffy and I personally always treat with suspicion.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

Hi

It most certainly is a genuine post and the comments are from first hand experience!

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

think the bros have fallen out ???? the older brother is brand new like you say he even sent me a xmas card be speaking to him in 3 weeks might get new sun specs if the price is right

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

I've never had anything but the utmost courtesy from the owner from Eye Site and he was very helpful when I bought specs from there

Colne, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

hiya you made my wife some glasses,with burberry frames back in november.wealso had some dental work done on beach road where your wife works.what it is i have a freind coming over in march and he needs a dentist,but i do not havea contact can u help.phil and claire

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

Hi elaine

Have just spotted your post, I too used the eye site shop when it was further down the road and have also received a christmas card advising me the shop had moved to eye needs near Newtons.

I'm back in March after 3 years and am not sure which brother I used to see ,he was a very friendly chap who laughed at my very lazy eye with the words - don't worry lady i grind the lens down. I think his wife used to help out too .

I've had 2 pairs of wonderful glasses form there and want to update - goes that sound like Venu?

Gayle

Colne, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

yeh little happy chap,his wife did help but she now works just around the corner on beach rd at the dentist

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

going to candolim later this year , will be taking my prescription for varifocals want tints all the extras well known makes how much money will i need please

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

Both mine were around 45 quid for normal lenses to correct a lazy eye and astigmatism on the other lens. Well impressed with the thiness of the lenses and good choice of frames

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eye Needs Opticians - opposite Newtons Candolim

My husband got some from Eye Site in January, he had a new pair and new lens put in the ones he already had, both are thin varifocal and both reactolite lens. I dont remember the individual cost but they were £175 altogether.