We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asthma Medication

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Asthma Medication

Anyone any idea if I can buy Inhalers over in Goa, got my prescription to go with but wonder if I can top up, we are staying in Candolim.....2 weeks to go :)

Cheers Ellie x

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asthma Medication

Hi Ellie yes you can, i travelled from the south to shop in the north, i bought my daughter 3 inhalers and they were 98rps each, sorry cant tell you which chemist as friends took us to the one they use. :)) Gel

Liverpool
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asthma Medication

Asthma inhalers are available depending on which type you want, The traditional ventolin sprays were 70 rupees last year, available from Johnnies Chemist in Calangute, you will not need a prescription, i would imagine most chemists have them.

I wasn't able to get any of the more modern dispensers when i was there(ventolin disc haler etc)

I also tried to get seretide, this was a little more difficult and had to be specially ordered.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asthma Medication

Thanks!

I need the Symbicort Turbohaler and Bricanyl Turbohaler, will ask when we get there, rather stock up if I can, have to do a prepayment certificate over here!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asthma Medication

You could try getting in touch with Johnnie Before you travel ,he will be able to let you know if the items you require are available and the costs , his email address is:

drugstore@dataone.in

He is usually very helpful.

Regards Wayne.

Edited: 07 February 2011, 14:20
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asthma Medication

Thanks! Will do :)

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asthma Medication

Emailed this aft, will let you know if I get a reply, Cheers Wayne

Manchester
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Asthma Medication

if you staying in candolim the chemist more or less facing the whispering palms you can buy ventolin or anything if you ask at the start of your hol he will guarentee to get it, i stocked up on ventolin & got 20

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Asthma Medication

No news from Johnnies :(

9. Re: Asthma Medication

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 21:17