We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

Hi all,

Just been thru Manchester Airport Terminal 1 and to my surprise they now have a Smoking Area Go thru Security and thru the Duty Free shop, up the escalator by the Giraffe Cafe, turn right and follow the signs, Its an outside fully covered type of Balcony overlooking the runways. I was chuffed to find it, glglglglglglgl Long may it Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

It'a a bit of a bonus for us smokers! Used it three weeks ago.

Preston
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

Which Terminal does Thomas Cook fly from ? Hope it's this one !

Stockport, Cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

Yep, TC fly from terminal 1 so you can get all your fagging done.

Kent
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

Oh how lovely, just think of the people who will now have to sit next to someone for 10 hours or more who stinks of stale fag smoke. Nice.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

Thanks for sharing the directions I had heard there was an area and now wont have to waste time hunting it out.

Nice to see that the smokers are being catered for as the non smokers are certainly catered for ;0)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

Hi Yes its so nice to see some consideration given to us smokers especially as most of us clean our teeth several times on the plane and also suck on freshmints etc to keep ourselves nice and fresh and ensure that our personal hygiene is 100% and just hope we dont get sat next to a smell,y overweight, greassy haired, boring non smoker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

Whoops forgot to say,we usually travel Business or First with Qatar, Kingfisher or Emirates so we do eliminate this problem on most flights.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

Lucky you Mogdaw ;0)

In all seriousness we appreciate you posting about the smoking area as last time we flew from Manchester there wasnt anything airside that we found and stayed out the front as long as we could.which when you are with friends who dont smoke (but dont mind if we do) it can be a pain for both them and us.

Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

hi im glad to see your post,me and my boyfriend are going with friends. They would like to once they have checked in, go and have breakfast and then go around shopping. However we are reluctanct to check in due to not being able to get back out for my OH to smoke. So this new smoking shelter can we check in and go through security etc is he going to be able to go for a smoke, or shud we stick to what we normally do and stand just outside the TC information desk outside for practically 3 hours in the cold haha!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking room in Terminal1 Manchester Airport

Hi Yes you Must go thru Security to get to it. Also its right by all the cafes for yoiurBrekky. My hubby,non smoker, stayed in the Giraffe cafe when I went for a smoke afterhaving my coffee. Its so convenient and long overdue. fingers crossed long mayit last!!!xo