We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

Flew Manchester /Doha/Goa this year but had problems with the seats reserved being given away. On the Doha /Goa leg this would have meant me and my misses being sat at opposite ends of the plane.

I had a problem giving advance passenger info on line as my travel agent had put my surname down twice on the booking. Rang Qatar and gave advance passenger information, no problem. Said we would not beable to check in online due to the name discepency but as we had booked seats this would not matter and to arrive at check in two hours before flight. When we checked in we were told our seats had been allocated to other people , It transpires that if you don't check in on line your seat reservation is released as soon as the airport check in is opened. i politely complained as we had booked the seats the previous March. The check in girl got her supervisor to Ring Doha and we were given seats together. We were warned if we didn't check in online 36 hours before our return flights the same thing could happen and they sent me to the ticket desk to resolve this. The ladies on the ticket desk were very good even changing the seats on our outward flight Man/Doha for better ones. They said we could have problems again checking in online in Goa due to the name descepency but to ring the ticket desk and ask for them by name and they would try to overide the system and check us in. This we did and everything went smoothly on the return Journey.

IT IS QATAR POLICY TO TREAT SEAT RESERVATIONS AS REQUESTS AND THESE ARE NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOU CHECK IN ONLINE. I would fly with Qatar again for the excellent service we were given but I wish I had known in advance about the seat situation.

Panaji
Level Contributor
578 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

Have to agree with Rokerender, Qatar were very poor and did not live up to the hype, wrong seats, cold food, aisles blocked, same meal twice on return journey, no offer of refreshments, when I asked for a beer was told beer finished. We have done Goa with Thompsons and Thomas Cook and both were better.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

hi how can i book my seats have completed the booking and received the email confirmation but cant get back in to book seats

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

Hi 1954 Jennie, Sorry to go off subject! we have just returned fromTiclo after being there 10wks. it our 2nd stay there, we luv it. The location and the staff are wonderful, the drinks and food is so cheap. Go and have a meal in when you go in April ,say Hi from Sheila & Jimmy to Josh behind the bar for us. We flew with Qatar went 3rd Dec. £1,100 each, brill price. you got good deal. Cant decvide what to do this year yet. Got to get Benidorm out of the way 1st next week!! P.M. me if you want to know about rooms etc.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

Hi woodruffe, You can ring Qatar on 01618385394 / 95 or 96. They'll sort out seats for you. Remember to book seats towards the back on the Doha/Goa legs as there are no toilets at the front. Also check in online 36hrs before your flights or they may give your seats away once airport check in opens.

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

do you also get on /off at the back as the middle doors look as if thier in businus (cant spell) class on both flights I hate having to wait to get off.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

Hi 1954 Jennie,

Yes on Qatar Doha to Goa leg you get on and off via the back door . The front door is for the twelve people using business class. Must take them ages to get off..lol

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

me again, so where do you recomend we sit on both the heathrow to Doha and the Doha to Goa flights well we are going to try and reserve the seats

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

The flights from UK to Doha are ok , Pick seats where you want. They are in twos by the windows and fours across the middle. If you like to look through the window avoid over the wings. On the Doha / Goa leg pick seats as near to the back as possible if you want to use the loo or go to the galley for extra drinks. Seats on this flight are three aside.

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

A quick update I have phoned Qatar using the number provided by London Gel thanks and now have my E tickets which for some reason were not sent, have added the extra names to the API and have reserved seats on all legs of journey I was helped by a very nice lady so thanks everyone Goa in April and Goa in December woopydoo

Farnham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Qatar Airways , seat allocation problems

Having booked and confirmed our flights I now I have a problem with not being able to pre book and confirm seats with extra leg room ( as I have limited range in knee bend due to a knee replacement problem) not sure what to do have contacted qua tar but can' t do anything until check in. I absolutely cannot cope with restricted leg room. What to do?