We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

I've just been on the phone to Thomas Cook Airlines and they have told me they've pulled out of Goa for 2011/ 2012 season.

I'd just found a flight on Sky scanner for £480 for next January / February , bargain. Couldn't book on Thomas Cook website so rang them to be told the news. The lady said they pulled out a few weeks ago but it's the first I've herd.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,533 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

I was looking at the Thomas Cook flights for January/February earlier this week and was suprised how much cheaper than Thomson or Monarch they are. I've just checked on the Travel Republic website now and they're still showing up. It seems a bit early to be pulling out for next winter already - bookings must be well down! I think we'll probably book with Monarch again as we need an extra day's leave for Thomas Cook, plus with the early morning flight we'd really need to stay over at Manchester the night before. By the time you've taken that into consideration it's more convenient for us to fly with Monarch.

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

As with most things, they are always cheaper when they haven`t got any!

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

We were told at the start of the season that Thomas Cook were pulling out of goa,but were told that it wouldn't be until the 2012/13 season.The main reasons given were lack of customers and also the poor standard of accomodation at the 2/3 star hotels.

John

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

That's bad news. It could mean that remaining packages cost more. We used to go to Kerala until UK tour operators pulled it. Wonder if Goan hotel owners are selling to eastern Europeans now, we stayed at Nazri this year and hardly anyone was English, whilst at one time we were the majority.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

Just checked Thomas Cook and Direct Holidays, both are selling holidays to Goa in Jan 2012.

Edited: 23 February 2011, 18:28
Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

Yes I've just checked as well and they are selling holidays as far as the beginning of March 2012, I've noticed the flights from Manchester for next season are Saturday and Tuesday, the Saturday flight would be ideal for us. I've also looked on TC airlines and there is nothing coming up for flight only after April this year, so maybe it is flight only they are pulling and not package deals, if all else fails we'll book a cheap package and dump the hotel if needs be, we've done this before, but I've a feeling that package deals will get more expensive for next season, although there are a few bargains to be had at the moment.

DebyC

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

For the die hard regulars it will not be a problem. An inconvenience maybe but more will just go DIY.

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

We were told last year by a Hotel manager that the Hotels were throwing Thomas Cook out as they wouldn't pay the prices. The thing is it's all hearsay, Thomas Cook will say one thing and the Hotels will tell you differently.

I do think the Hotels are under pressure to improve the standards hence increasing prices?

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

It is the flights Thomas Cook are pulling out of . May still be selling holidays flying with other airlines.

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook pulling out of Goa

Just looked on TC website and priced up a holiday for next March and it definitely states flight with TC airlines, so who knows. I would imagine if they are using their own planes that they would be glad to fill any empty seats, maybe they will sell them off nearer the time, I know that is what First Choice used to do.

DebyC