We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet beaches not TOO far from Apora?

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
176 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet beaches not TOO far from Apora?

Any recommendations? 2 years ago I spent most of my hol in cabs going to Mandrem and Morjim, but with almost a 50 min each way trip I wanted to try somewhere closer, not a fan of Baga so are there any other non hassle beaches within easy ish reach?

Spending a few nights at beach huts at Morjim so that'll cut some travelling out lol x

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet beaches not TOO far from Apora?

get a scooter so you cut the cabs out.once you get past arpora the roads are quiet.still the same at morjim,ashwen,mandrem.nice and quiet.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
123 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet beaches not TOO far from Apora?

Anjuna is pretty close. Head to Sunset Beach Shack there and its pretty peaceful through the day (though the beach is a bit rocky and there are more people in comparison to Asvem). I haven't been to Vagator in a few years because i hated it the last time I went with lots of domestic tourists making a ton of noise (I'm an Indian but try to stay away from the screaming groups of men). But friends who have been to vagator recently say it isn't all bad so I'll probably give it another try when I go next month.

essex
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet beaches not TOO far from Apora?

You could try Cliffs Shack. If you go down towards Baga, instead of crossing the bridge just stay on the same road. It eventually brings you out on the other side of the river - you can see all the shacks along baga beach over the water. Keep walking along the path (it is a bit of hike along a rocky path) and eventually you will come to the shack. You need to get there early to ensure you get a sunbed but it's lovely and peaceful there. In January they didn't have any electricity so they were closing at 7pm ish - wouldn't want to walk back in the dark.if you go on Google maps and put in Cliffs bar goa then it does show it - I'm such a technophobe I cant save the link. Lx

Lx

Edited: 24 February 2011, 11:13
Dunfermline
Level Contributor
176 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet beaches not TOO far from Apora?

thanks everyone

5. Re: Quiet beaches not TOO far from Apora?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 22:17