We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

andys tattoos anjuna

higham ferrers
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
andys tattoos anjuna

Hi folks!as a Ta er whos has had ba tattoo by this cowboy I speak from experience!Firstly his approach to a tattoo design is very poor...there are dusty manky books to rifle through.Dogs wander in and sleep on the floor during the process of being tattooed.People also wander in as well!

His towell on the couch is manky and has loads of ink stains on it...looks like it has had a lot of use and not ever been cleaned!

He is expensive...5000rp per hour/3000 half hour.I don't think he has a work permit to work in India....Altogether a bad experience for me.

AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

if you want a GOOD tattooist go to Candolim and look up Simon at three monkees tattoos near Sunset Beach.He inked my girlfriend(her first tattoo).He was smart clean,showed us the clean unopened needles and the design was done in just an hour!No dogs,no people coming in AND there is a room away from view where the designs are done.My girlfriend now has a great design properly done.Many thanks Simon...back next year for another one!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: andys tattoos anjuna

Reported

(1) not travel related

(2) harrassment/personal attack

(3) advertising/solicitation

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: andys tattoos anjuna

don't even think about getting a tattoo done in Goa !

milton keynes
Level Contributor
784 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: andys tattoos anjuna

sunseagoaoh,

how dare you give advice on something you seem to know about and try to help people out.

just to be safe best you don't say you liked any shacks, hotels, restuarants etc it could be seen as advertising. probably shouldn't say you didn't like any either, much better to leave people in the dark than have an opinion

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: andys tattoos anjuna

Wouldn't recommend anyone getting a tattoo when they are on a beach holiday, they need to be kept clean and ideally out of the sun until the skin has healed.

Personally I can't understand anyone having one done where they havnt researched and spoke to others who have used it. A tattoo is for life not just for holiday!!

higham ferrers
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: andys tattoos anjuna

Hi again! Idid get a tattoo at andy's,hence my experience!I have been to Goa 3 times now so know a bit Mickey!I am posting reviews of shacks trips etc....keep watching bud!

St.Annes, Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: andys tattoos anjuna

I personally don't find anything wrong with SunseagoasOH's post.

Isn't it the same as people posting about bad experiences at restaurants and also recommending good ones?

Some people will consider having a tattoo done whilst in Goa, so other people's experiences might help them with their decision.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: andys tattoos anjuna

SunseagoasOH,

I remember reading a post of someone who had a tattoo in Goa last year and it was horrific they ended up with with operations back in the uk and posted the photos, you are recommending a tattooist that you trust which is why I keep reading TA for good recommendations, getting a tattoo is not on my list of priorities but getting good advise from people is.

Regards

Shoalf.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: andys tattoos anjuna

a tattoo is classed as an open wound when freshly done, should be kept out of the sun and very easily infected , I certainly would not consider having one done in Goa, however its ones personal choice. For me, not a risk worth taking

Glasgow
Level Contributor
237 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: andys tattoos anjuna

SunseagoaOH,

Many thanks for this as we were planning to go to Andy's for our tats in apr.

I think if you read mickfinney's reply again, you will see it was being sarcastic and on your side. Thats they way I read it anyway :)

France
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: andys tattoos anjuna

SunseagoaOH, Andy is doing great tattoos for the last 20 years.His studio is clean and hygienic. And lots of people are coming from other countries to make a tattoo with Andy.

He and his wife are taking care of many dogs around in Anjuna. They give them food and shelter. Isnstead of critisizing for this you should be proud that you met such a nice artist and a person in your life!