We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parampara Curry Mix

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Topic
Parampara Curry Mix

Just thought I'd mention that anyone going to Goa should look into Parampara Curry Mixes. These have to be the most authentic Curry Mixes I have come across. Asda sell Shan Curry mix, but they are no-where near good enough.

You can buy them in alot of Asian Cash & Carry and now order online from www.puritytrading.co.uk where they do other food items which I have tried yet (Must order some).

We bought loads of Parampara mix back from Newtons in Candolim last year, but they only lasted a few weeks. Newtons were selling them for RS40 and in the UK they are £1.69 each.

Give them a try before you go and if you like them, you can bring loads back!

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parampara Curry Mix

On the rare occasion we stay in the meat pies from "why not" with fresh veg tend to hit the spot but if we want curry it is still worth goin out for but we always have a case full of the Parampara curry mixes when we return to the UK along with a 10 kg bag of rice from farmers market for about 350 Rps

FINLAND
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parampara Curry Mix

same here got loads of Tandoori chicken packets I have been buying parampara for many years now to take back home

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parampara Curry Mix

Parampara is.........................Lush :) :)

Don't worry about them going off, I've used them even when they are well out of date, definitely worth bringing some home :)

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parampara Curry Mix

AJ's near to Mapusa Markets always seems to have a better selection of these mixes than other shops.

Even if you are not veggie try the Chickpea and Egg Curry ones.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 11:32
manchester
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parampara Curry Mix

Sounds like good stuff, will pick some up on my next visit , thanks for the tip

Staffs
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parampara Curry Mix

I paid 38Rps in newtons last week and 38Rps at mapusa Mkt

you can order them here for £1.49 + free delivery on orders over £30.00

spicesofindia.co.uk/acatalog/Parampara-Chhol…

Edited: 01 March 2011, 19:47
7. Re: Parampara Curry Mix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 03:18