We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

Bristol
14 posts
Save Topic
Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

My wife and I are travelling to Goa in two weeks. My friendly Sky Travel Salesman has informed me that as far as the Visa's are concerned all I have to do is fill in the application forms when they arrive from the Tour Operator and take them with me when we travel. The recorded message at the Indian Embassy when I phoned to confirm this possibilty gave me the impression that a trip to Birmingham was on the cards. Help Im confused guys and Yes your right my Sky Travel man is not answering is messages.

Richie

Essex. UK
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

Richie-

You need to go to the Indian Embassy ASAP. You won't be allowed to board your flight without a visa in your passport. They cost 30 quid each and you need 2 passport photos as well. Log on to their web site to down load the form. www.hci.org (I think). They only take cash or Postal orders (No cards !!) Get moving mate, and have a great time. It will be worth it.

Maybe the Sky travel man should be reported. He's giving bad info out.

Sarah

Bristol
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

Sara Jane,

Thanks again for the information youve been a star. One more thing before I shoot off to Brum, can I obtain my wifes visa for her or does she have to be present.

Richie

Essex. UK
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

Not sure Richie, I always do ours by post. Best take her I think. Nice day out ??

Sarah

Essex. UK
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

Richie,

Correct web site is www.hcilondon.net. Sorry for any confusion.

Let me know how you get on, embassy and holiday.

Sarah

Eccleshall, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

Hi

My husband and I are going to Goa on 26 March 2005 and have provisionally booked in at the Haathi Mahal in Cavelossim Beach.

Does anyone know anything about this hotel? The right up on Trip Advisor is not good but the write up in all the brochures highly recommends it so we are a bit confused

Any advise by 23 Jan would be very greatly received (I need to get back to the travel agent Monday!)

We are also considering the Club Mahindra or the Holiday Inn Mobor beach.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Suzanne, Stafford

Bristol
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

Sarah Jane,

I will be in touch and thanks again, by the way got ��90.00 refund from Sky Travel Supervisor for my troubles, a result.

Will call you

Richie

Bristol
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

Sarah Jane,

I did manage to find the Website okay and I will take your advise and take her with me. Good News received 90.00 pounds back and an apology from Supervisor at Sky Travel a result I reckon.

I wll be in touch

Thanks again for your help

Richie

Leamington Spa...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

Off myself next week, visas can be obtained by a third party providing they have ��30, 2 passport pics and 8 months left on the passport and of course a completed form. The web address for the B'ham office is www.cgibirmingham.org.

Have FUN

Bristol
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

Thanks,Tourmaster Great Help.

Richie

Slough, Berkshire
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent Advice On Visa's Please

I am going to Goa in February and it is true that you will need a visa. A tourist visa costs 30 pounds. You do not need to travel to Birmingham... downloaded the visa form from the http://www.hcilondon.net/visa/index.jsp fill it and take along with your passports to any Indian travel agent and they will charge 10 to 15 pounds processing fee plus the 30 pounds visa fee and you will have the visa within a week. If you need the name of the travel agent that I used, then contact Jaks Travel Service 82, Marlborough Rd, Slough, Berkshire SL3 7LF Tel: 01753 818484.

Hope this helps.....if you need any further assist, then drop me an email