We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morjim or Palolem???

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
137 posts
277 reviews
Save Topic
Morjim or Palolem???

I want to visit Goa for my first time at the end of March and am impressed by what I've read about both Morjim beach and Palolem beach. The photos I've seen of Palolem are beautiful, but is Morjim beautiful too? I know Palolem is more popular but is it swarming with sellers and dogs? Is Morjim peaceful with some life, or is it deadly boring? Can anybody tell me the main differences between the two please?

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morjim or Palolem???

I do not know to much about Palolem Beach , other than it was a very pretty spot when i visted a few years ago, i think it is now quite busy.

Morjim beach, you will not hear much English spoken as it is full to the brim with Russians, and a lot is geared for them.I do not like it myself. I like a place where there is more of a mix of people.

I do not think Morjim is as pretty as Palolem, but i do know there are a few very pretty beaches such as Agonda a bit further along from Palolem.I would try this area if it were me. I would not touch Morjim with a bargepole.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Morjim or Palolem???

Palolem Beach used to be very beautiful when I traveled it in 2008. but don't know much about recent developments. never been to Morjim Beach but as they say you hardly can see any Enjis around ... full with Russians... I would say try the Palolem beach ......

happy traveling

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morjim or Palolem???

Palolem is busy enough to be interesting, but not too crowded. The beach sellers are not too intense, and, if you shake your head, will leave you alone.

Patnem, next door, and Agonda, a few miles away, are much quieter, with less choice of places to eat and to stay.

My advice would be to head for Palolem.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
850 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morjim or Palolem???

I have been to both and would recommend Palolem (Paradise Bay) rather than Morjim. The bay is beautiful and was not hounded by any beach sellers, didn't like Morjim at all and it was extremely windy there when i visited.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
137 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morjim or Palolem???

Thank you all - really helpful - seems like I'll be heading to Palolem.

Edited: 13 March 2011, 13:23
bridlington
Level Contributor
321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Morjim or Palolem???

palolem is by far the better its a little paradise and good food and drink sold in beach shacks ,the beach huts are basic but ok we paid 600rps one night ,the longer u stay u get a cheaper rate enjoy

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
137 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Morjim or Palolem???

I have seen a lovely place called Ciaran's on the internet but it's pricey (3500Rupees a night) - are the other beach huts really basic? What's the big difference between the ones for 600R a night and Ciaran's for 3500 a night?

8. Re: Morjim or Palolem???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 21:15