We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook glasgow

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
thomas cook glasgow

have received tickets for 1st april t c from gatwick says on paper work via glasgow first we heard any one know how long we there for same on return jennie

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook glasgow

Thomas Cook have added Glasgow on a one off basis this season on that date - you are very lucky to be travelling on this flight as the Glaswegians are a lovely bunch of people (did I make it too obvious that I am a Glaswegian?!). It's also history as it is, I think, the first direct flight from Scotland to India! The aircraft will touchdown to pick up and then be on its way to Goa - it probably won't add much time to the flight as it's just under an hour up to Glasgow.

Watch an episode of Rab C Nesbitt if you need a refresher course in understanding how we all speak!!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook glasgow

ditto gaun the scots.......

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook glasgow

Surely it would make more sense for the flight to originate in Glasgow then pick up in Gatwick on the way down to Goa.

However one of the airline bods will probably be along to explain. Operational efficiency etc.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook glasgow

No, Bren. The aircraft needs to stock up with Irn Bru and deep fried Mars Bars for the flight and might well have run out by Gatwick lol!

Seriously, flying an empty plane from Gatwick to Glasgow then back to Gatwick would just be a serious waste of fuel.

Edited: 19 March 2011, 00:12
Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomas cook glasgow

Yes of course,

Far more intelligent minds than ours will have worked it all out. And the crew will be Gatwick based you would think.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,379 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomas cook glasgow

A couple of years ago friends of ours were on a flight that originated in Mancherster but called at Gatwick to pick up. On the way out the stop over was 1.15hr . On the return journey after touching down at Gatwick they had a 5hr wait and were not allowed off the plane. The delay was caused by the Pilot being out of time. Lets hope this was a one off.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
237 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomas cook glasgow

Hi,

We used to have a very popular Glasgow to Goa flight operated by Inspirations, but when the company was bought over the flight disapeared. So TC are testing it out again, hence the reason we have booked Goa this year to support the flight. But it wasn't advertised very well and only announced oct/nov time.

We've booked the premium seats so 1954Jennie if you're in our cabin we will be the two girls with our own picnic. My friend doesn't trust she'll get enough grub on the flt and always brings half of the sweety shop with her!

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomas cook glasgow

hi jen/ all i can say is good luck,,,

scotslass
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomas cook glasgow

I am so jealous i live near glasgow and having to travel to manchester aaarghhh

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thomas cook glasgow

Yorkietourer, was that a Thomson Flight in Dec 2008? If so we were on it. Stuck in Gatwick after a delay in Goa with just a small orange juice and a biscuit compensation. Nightmare!!!!