We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a couple of quickies .....

brierley hill west...
Level Contributor
351 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
a couple of quickies .....

Hi there

i have read on older posts that it costs around £9 to £12 to get a shirt made up for you (supply materials inc)..is that still the price as it was a post from early 2010 what i read.also the where about's of a reputable tailor near Csm lane would be appreciated

is there a barber near Csm that does a shave ?

I'm going to Palolem for a few days so is it easy enough to change TC's down there or am i best off changing them in Baga before i leave?

Thanks

Brian

sunderland
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: a couple of quickies .....

loads off barbers in that area for shaves dont pay any more than 50 ruppes, thats a good price locals pay about 20 ruppes at the most. enjoy we go april 7th for 19days staying in baga again our 14th visit in 7 years.

brierley hill west...
Level Contributor
351 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a couple of quickies .....

thanks silverguy,14 times in 7 yrs !......i hope i like it half as much as you do :)

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a couple of quickies .....

Hi Brian, I paid £7 for a cotton shirt and silk were £12 at super taylors in Candolim in February.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a couple of quickies .....

No problem changing TCs in Palolem, but you will get a slightly lower rate than for cash.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a couple of quickies .....

There are quite a few places to change money along the Beach Road at Palolem. I haven't changed money there for a few years so can't recall how the rates compared with other parts of Goa; I would say that the rate in Patnem for the last 2 years at each of the travel agents there was about 2 rupees less per pound sterling than in Cavelossim and Margao. For TCs, I would still (and have) changed them there , despite the lower rate, since they are safer than carrying cash.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a couple of quickies .....

My hubby had a shave every other day at the top of csm road and paid 50 rupees.It's very important you tell them just a shave though.

7. Re: a couple of quickies .....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 07:17